Chlorine Test Kit

undercover

I need to know the level of chlorine in my pool, anybody know where I can buy a level test kit and how much ?

any poolshop sells test kit combinations (chlorine and pH), cost varying 200-250 baht.

Thanks very much, Im amazed that something that is to do with swimming pools is such a reasonable price !

As its only a piece of plastic together with 2 very small bottles of indicator and a plastic case, at that price its way over priced!

You can buy the bottles of indicator also from the pool shops when the first runs out - and they should not be more than a 100 baht each.

Most shops will post these out to you by EMS as they are light.

If you need a shop that supplies these pm me

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
I need to know the level of chlorine in my pool, anybody know where I can buy a level test kit and how much ?

Be aware to choose DPD reagent for the chlorine measurement and NOT OTO ( Orthotoluidine), since it is

1. mutagenic if applied on skin ( banned in Europe and many american states)....... but so cheap.

2. it measueres the sanitizer free avalibale chlorine (FAC) only at very low temperature ..say 4 degree celsius and goes at normal tempartures in warm climates only for total chlorine ( the sum of combined PLUS free available Chlorine)

...as consequence you don't know is your pool oxidized properly; is the pool safe for swimming with minimum required 0.3 ppm FAC etc.

• 1 year later...
Thanks very much, Im amazed that something that is to do with swimming pools is such a reasonable price !

Naam must have bought his either a long time ago or he is confusing it with the wholesale price he pays.

You'll be lucky to get one for under 600 baht and in Phucket and Pattaya the ROP is often 800.

Naam must have bought his either a long time ago or he is confusing it with the wholesale price he pays.

You'll be lucky to get one for under 600 baht and in Phucket and Pattaya the ROP is often 800.

Naam is correct 350 baht max I bought one last week.

You can buy larger refill bottles 1000cc for 200 baht, from pool warehouse Theprasit Road Pattaya, ok for the chlorine, but the refill for PH is never the same colour as the original

Edited by sometime

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

You can buy larger refill bottles 1000cc for 200 baht, from pool warehouse Theprasit Road Pattaya, ok for the chlorine, but the refill for PH is never the same colour as the original

This is good to know. Thanks.

I know of at least 6 pool shops in Pattaya that sell them from 650 baht, so someone is really on the make.

It's a bit like the 50 Kg bags of salt if you a re using a saltwater chlorinator. I k now of two places in Pattaya less than 1 Km apart. one sells them for 500 baht a bag and the other chrges 200.

I know of at least 6 pool shops in Pattaya that sell them from 650 baht, so someone is really on the make.

It's a bit like the 50 Kg bags of salt if you a re using a saltwater chlorinator. I k now of two places in Pattaya less than 1 Km apart. one sells them for 500 baht a bag and the other chrges 200.

I just bought a bag of salt from pool warehouse, cost was 450 baht, PLEASE tell where the shop that sells for 200 baht.

What we need is a topic called “where to buy the cheapest & best value pool accessories”

Any one know where I can buy a salt test meter.

I just bought a bag of salt from pool warehouse, cost was 450 baht, PLEASE tell where is the shop that sells for 200 baht.

What we need is a topic called “where to buy the cheapest & best value pool accessories”

Anyone know where I can buy a salt test meter.