Amnesty to be extended to October 31

Richard Barrow should probably read things first. The first part of the letter reads;

"Notification of the ministry of interior Re: Permission for certain types of aliens to stay in the kingdom in a special case (No2)"

We would be on number 3 if this was true

5 minutes ago, 2530Ubon said:

Richard Barrow should probably read things first. The first part of the letter reads;

"Notification of the ministry of interior Re: Permission for certain types of aliens to stay in the kingdom in a special case (No2)"

We would be on number 3 if this was true

You should probably read things properly first, the headline of the letter reads:

Notification of the ministry of interior Re: Permission for certain types of aliens to stay in the kingdom in a special case (No ..)

They skipped the number, once it's approved it will be number 4.

Then after this it lists the previous three announcements.

Listed correctly as:

Notification of the ministry of interior Re: Permission for certain types of aliens to stay in the kingdom in a special case

Notification of the ministry of interior Re: Permission for certain types of aliens to stay in the kingdom in a special case (No 2)

Notification of the ministry of interior Re: Permission for certain types of aliens to stay in the kingdom in a special case (No 3)

Edited by jackdd

5 minutes ago, 2530Ubon said:

I it could well be a new issue of of ministerial notice approved in April that could be number two.

It could be a revision of it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jackdd said:

You should probably read things properly first, the headline of the letter reads:

Notification of the ministry of interior Re: Permission for certain types of aliens to stay in the kingdom in a special case (No ..)

They skipped the number, once it's approved it will be number 4.

Then after this it lists the previous three announcements.

Listed correctly as:

Notification of the ministry of interior Re: Permission for certain types of aliens to stay in the kingdom in a special case

Notification of the ministry of interior Re: Permission for certain types of aliens to stay in the kingdom in a special case (No 2)

Notification of the ministry of interior Re: Permission for certain types of aliens to stay in the kingdom in a special case (No 3)

They use commas to denote the number in official documents. Anyway, here's the full translation;

Announcement of the Ministry of Interior regarding permission for certain types of aliens to stay in the Kingdom in a special case (No. 2) in accordance with the Ministry of Interior's announcement regarding special permission for certain types of aliens to stay in the Kingdom dated April 7  Notification of the Ministry of Interior regarding permission for certain types of aliens to stay in the Kingdom in a special case (No. 2) dated 23 April B.E. 2553 and the announcement of the Ministry of Interior regarding permission for certain types of foreigners  Is in the Kingdom as a special case (No. 3) dated 23 July 2556 extending the period of permission to stay in the Kingdom under Section 35 of the Immigration Act B.E. 2522 and the notification of residence under  Section 37 (5) of the Immigration Act, B.E.  (Including Visa on Arriva visa) An alien who has been granted a temporary stay in the Kingdom pursuant to visa exemption rights (Phor. 30 / Phr. 14 / Phr. 30 / Phr. 30 / Phr.  . 40) From March 26, B.E. 2530 to September 26, B.E.  To complete the process by September 26, 1980, because the current situation of the coronavirus infection epidemic or COVID 19 is still severe, as can be seen from the number of infected patients.  With the increasing number of new cases around the world, land, water and air border closures in many countries continue to be difficult, affecting alien travel.  In entering or leaving the Kingdom, including staying in the Kingdom of certain types of aliens, relying on the powers under Section 5 of the Immigration Act B.E. 2522 (1979) as amended by the Announcement of the Council for Peace and Order  National Government No. 87/2014 regarding the amendment of the Acting Legislation relating to the powers and duties of the Police Officers dated 10 July B.E. 2557 and Section 7 of the Immigration Act B.E. 2522 (1979) Prime Minister and Minister of Interior.  With the approval of the Council of Ministers on September 2522 issued the following announcements: Article 1 The Immigration Office shall announce an extension of the period for aliens to proceed under Section 35 and Section 147 (5) of the Act.  Immigration Act 2522, as well as other relevant laws for the completion of the body on October 2, if Article 2 to extend the period of permission to stay in the Kingdom under Section 27 2 4 of the Immigration Act  Mourning city  Including under the Petroleum Act B.E. 25ux and any amendments to the Investment Promotion Act and its amendments and the Industrial Estate Authority of Thailand Act B.E.  Amended or in accordance with the announcement of the Ministry

6 minutes ago, 2530Ubon said:

They use commas to denote the number in official documents. Anyway, here's the full translation;

Announcement of the Ministry of Interior regarding permission for certain types of aliens to stay in the Kingdom in a special case (No. 2)

I think there isn't a single comma in this whole document.

Please show me where this (No. 2) is in the original Thai document.

I wonder how the embassies will react to this. I know USA has just been giving letters no questions asked but other Embassies have been checking applications. The Australian Ambassador claimed  last week his staff were very busy doing extension letters. If I was an Ambassador I would be pretty annoyed when I found that it was all wasted time. I would reconsider going along with the letters for 30 days from now.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, jackdd said:

I'm aware how number two looks like. I don't see a ๒ where it should be according to your translation, which is why i asked you to mark it in the Thai document.

Only going to do one of these, it's too much effort to point them all out. Third sentence down, inside parentheses

letter (2).jpg

Just now, 2530Ubon said:

Only going to do one of these, it's too much effort to point them all out. Third sentence down, inside parentheses

letter (2).jpg

This is the second "(No. 2)" in your translation, not the first one for which i asked.

31 minutes ago, 2530Ubon said:

Announcement of the Ministry of Interior regarding permission for certain types of aliens to stay in the Kingdom in a special case (No. 2) in accordance with the Ministry of Interior's announcement regarding special permission for certain types of aliens to stay in the Kingdom dated April 7  Notification of the Ministry of Interior regarding permission for certain types of aliens to stay in the Kingdom in a special case (No. 2)

Obviously your translation is wrong, the first "(No. 2)" from your translation doesn't exist in the Thai document.

So what you said here is wrong as well:

42 minutes ago, 2530Ubon said:

As explained in my post #243

6 minutes ago, jackdd said:

This is the second "(No. 2)" in your translation, not the first one for which i asked.

Obviously your translation is wrong, the first "(No. 2)" from your translation doesn't exist in the Thai document.

So what you said here is wrong as well:

As explained in my post #243

As the text clearly alludes to the second announcement throughout, it should be pretty obvious. However, to answer your question (you did not specify which number you wanted)

is the title of the document. the two commas (,,) were used to indicate order number.

I provided a translation and i honestly didn't expect to get so much hassle.

20 minutes ago, Wongkitlo said:

I wonder how the embassies will react to this. I know USA has just been giving letters no questions asked but other Embassies have been checking applications. The Australian Ambassador claimed  last week his staff were very busy doing extension letters. If I was an Ambassador I would be pretty annoyed when I found that it was all wasted time. I would reconsider going along with the letters for 30 days from now.

What embassies react? Dosen't matter! They do they best to help they citizen in existing time!

I think many embassy is really happy, now they don't have much to do after monday! 

What they do if like 100 they citizen get arrested!? Now not going to happen before November lol

Edited by 2 is 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, 2 is 1 said:

What embassies react? Dosen't matter! They do they best to help they citizen in existing time!

I think many embassy is really happy, now they don't have much to do after monday! 

What they do if like 100 they citizen get arrested!? Now not going to happen before November lol

It does matter because they may refuse to do letters for the next extension after this amnesty ends. Australian embassy has been on and off about them. At first they weren't going to give letters then gave in. They say because they are in a foreign country they do not have the legislative power to certify anything. They aren't giving income letters for visas for the same reason.

34 minutes ago, fondue zoo said:

I read somewhere that Uncle P is chairing their meeting tomorrow. The STV is to be discussed etc.

Also, the Bangkok Herald has an updated article headline too

Yes, it’s not anything to be excited about, that was classic misleading information. The actual headline, which was reported on Bangkok Post is “CCSA panel to approve visa scheme to allow foreign tourists into country”. Yes this meeting is chaired by Prayut and seeing that it’s chaired by him, how on earth can he do that in English. Anyone remember the tourists he tried to speak to in English? Laughable.  Hardly breaking news. Was reported at 7:30 am earlier today 

18 minutes ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

Are international flights back to normal?  Maybe a good reason for

further extentions.

Geezer

There is about 30 flight out of Thailand/ day now! And all flight really not ok to everybody (wrong direction etc.). So if they take 200 people on board its only 6000 people /day! If 100000 need leave here only that take 17 days! And all flight's really not ok to everybody! 

56 minutes ago, rott said:

Er hang on a bit, "can go"? Don't you mean "have to go"? 

But Turkey was fine the last time I was there years ago.

Once in Turkey, a tourist can apply for a 1-year residence permit.  No need to exit Turkey for a  year. Info in the link.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1177052-extend-amnesty-into-2021/page/9/?tab=comments#comment-15705117

• Like 1