Sattelite Dish Swindle

jaideeguy

This posting is to warn anyone even remotely thinking of getting one of those Dynasat satellite systems……DON’T!!! [at least for now].

If you are considering the English programming from Agila satellite wait until they break the code because it will only work for a couple of days at most, then you have to go back to the shop for an update.

And when and if they do get back on line, I can warn you of a vendor NOT to deal with….although others may be just as bad. My vendor just sells and installs the equipment, then you’re on your own……no more service, doesn’t return calls or keep appointments. Meanwhile he continues to sell new installations of a faulty system. I’ve seen on several occasions [while getting useless updates in his shop] him selling new units to unsuspecting customers and I wanted to warn them to save their bhatt, but didn’t want to make a scene [in his shop]. Thanks to this forum, I can warn others.

And every time I go into a superstore, there is a Dynasat demo that has ‘suckers’ waiting in line to get screwed.

I hope this post doesn’t get me in trouble with the moderators, because I’m just trying to save some other 'thaivisa brethren' before they get swindled as I did.

BE WARNED of the ethics of this vendor in Chiang Mai!!! Is there such a concept as [after sales] 'ethics' here in LOS??

PM me if you want to know the vendor that took my bhatt.

Jaideeguy

I have removed your other thread on this subject in the Internet & Comms forum because you have expressed a wish to post here instead.

You should be aware that the Agila Satellite to which you refer is a subscription service and the reception of signals from it without paying a subscription is, at best, of dubious legality here in Thailand.

That being said, all the people I know who use Dynasat and receive Agila signals log on to one of several websites to get new authorisation codes whenever they need to do so. There should be no need to visit your dealer and this is not a service your dealer should be expected to provide.

Thanx p1p for your 'moderation' and your reply.

I am aware that we may be 'stealing' the signal with our set-ups and that the vendor enables us to do so, but maybe my complaint could be summed up as 'honor among pirates'.

my biggest complaint about my vendor is that he continues to sell units and promises back-up service, but doesn't. just wanted to warn others of the harsh realities of Thai business entics.

This posting is to warn anyone even remotely thinking of getting one of those Dynasat satellite systems……DON’T!!! [at least for now].

If you are considering the English programming from Agila satellite wait until they break the code because it will only work for a couple of days at most, then you have to go back to the shop for an update.

And when and if they do get back on line, I can warn you of a vendor NOT to deal with….although others may be just as bad. My vendor just sells and installs the equipment, then you’re on your own……no more service, doesn’t return calls or keep appointments. Meanwhile he continues to sell new installations of a faulty system. I’ve seen on several occasions [while getting useless updates in his shop] him selling new units to unsuspecting customers and I wanted to warn them to save their bhatt, but didn’t want to make a scene [in his shop]. Thanks to this forum, I can warn others.

And every time I go into a superstore, there is a Dynasat demo that has ‘suckers’ waiting in line to get screwed.

I hope this post doesn’t get me in trouble with the moderators, because I’m just trying to save some other 'thaivisa brethren' before they get swindled as I did.

BE WARNED of the ethics of this vendor in Chiang Mai!!! Is there such a concept as [after sales] 'ethics' here in LOS??

PM me if you want to know the vendor that took my bhatt.

we will try again

of course your post gives your opinion of the dynasat F1 receiver and the vendor you bought the box off.

but in my opinion the dynasat F1 receiver is a excellent box, if you have the proper dish you can pick up over 10 satellites in se asia with over 300 free to air chanells

i have had the F1 box for over 3 years,the box as been mechanicly very sound so i think that the many many thai and chinese people etc who have bought this box for its main purpose of receiving over 300 free to air channels are very happy with the box

we also know that this box can also pick up the agilla satellite and for most of the time it is capable of auto rolling the keys but its like you organising a party and the every tom dick and harry gate crashes your party would you like that, NO you

would do something to stop people gate crashing.

there is no need to complain to the vendor every time it updates the key,with a little knowledge and patience you can input the keys/code manualy and be back on within 30 minutes

we will try again

of course your post gives your opinion of the dynasat F1 receiver and the vendor you bought the box off.

but in my opinion the dynasat F1 receiver is a excellent box, if you have the proper dish you can pick up over 10 satellites in se asia with over 300 free to air chanells

i have had the F1 box for over 3 years,the box as been mechanicly very sound so i think that the many many thai and chinese people etc who have bought this box for its main purpose of receiving over 300 free to air channels are very happy with the box

we also know that this box can also pick up the agilla satellite and for most of the time it is capable of auto rolling the keys but its like you organising a party and the every tom dick and harry gate crashes your party would you like that, NO you

would do something to stop people gate crashing.

there is no need to complain to the vendor every time it updates the key,with a little knowledge and patience you can input the keys/code manualy and be back on within 30 minutes

I agree. Considering the alternatives, I love the system. Manual updates are a minor inconvenience.

OK guys, can you please explain to me [like I'm a 10 yr old] the procedure for manually updating. I don't have the f1 any more, as my vendor advised me to upgrade to the new new-shine box that uses a smart card, that failed then he recomended the newer 'dream-500' box. now my head is spinning as i'm not much of a techno guy.....just a consumer [sucker?]. neither is movable, but i do have a moveable dish.

would you advise me to go back to the f-1??

Anyone care to share the website addresses for the code with us.Cheers

On this note I'm afraid I must close the thread. Dubious legality aside, to list the web addresses on TV will guarantee their closure within a very short time.