Trailers - Licence Required?

Anyone here have a trailer to pull a boat?

Just wondering what the rules are.

Do you need a licence. A Thai friend tells me police will want backhanders if I am to drive a trailer around, surely only if I need a licence?

If anyone has info on this would be appreciated.

cheers.

• 1 year later...
Anyone here have a trailer to pull a boat?

Just wondering what the rules are.

Do you need a licence. A Thai friend tells me police will want backhanders if I am to drive a trailer around, surely only if I need a licence?

If anyone has info on this would be appreciated.

cheers.

Trailers are perfectly legal, the problem is Thai people don't really know what a trailer is.

If you have your trailer licensed ( which you can't do by your self I guess) I spend over 1 year to get to the point that I can get my trailers I manufacture licensed.

7 a clock every eavening i see in Pattaya Pick Up Trucks with up to ten trailers on one truck fully loaded with waterscooters on the Jomtien road. All trailer are without license plates, without any lights, without any brakes, etc. This going on for years already.

Sorry the original post was about Thailand not Pattaya! Different planet!

BB

First I have to say trailers are perfectly legal in Thailand, if you tow a trailer you do need a license just like your car needs one. If you get pulled up with towing a trailer without a license you might have to pay some tea money to the cops, but if your trailer is licensed you will have no poblems at all. As you all aware I do make trailers and I know the rules.

( oh I might get banned again for this) :o

ok to all you people out there asking about information about trailers I will not answer any more questions about trailers or license or what so ever I have posted many replys waste my time sending e-mails never got replys from today on you worked out your self since I am busy making trailers

cheers

As you all aware I do make trailers and I know the rules.
I don't currently need a trailer, but have considered having one as they are most useful things to have, in case.

And I thank you for having taken the time and trouble to post the information in here on this subject that you have - as long as no one deletes it out of spite or something, it shold remain here to be searchable by Google etc. Having seen other members with their commerical business contact details listed within their profile - maybe that is a place you could put yours without fear of encountering futher problems from TV?.

ok to all you people out there asking about information about trailers I will not answer any more questions about trailers or license or what so ever I have posted many replys waste my time sending e-mails never got replys from today on you worked out your self since I am busy making trailers

cheers

\

Glad you are so busy.

You just missed out on a definite sale of a trailer to hold my wheelchair when I arrive on the 2nd of november.

I did send you a PM but you didnt reply.

As I said I am glad you can afford to miss orders

cheers

\

Glad you are so busy.

You just missed out on a definite sale of a trailer to hold my wheelchair when I arrive on the 2nd of november.

I did send you a PM but you didnt reply.

As I said I am glad you can afford to miss orders

I guess you better check your messages :o