Kasikorn bank account opening with COVID extension tourist visa

Does anyone know of a "friendly" Kasikorn branch in Bangkok where I can open an account with just a COVID extension on a tourist visa?

I have a UOB account which I opened years ago, and had to shop around until I found a branch that accepted me. I assumed it's still the case, and I can find one with Kasikorn?

I'm interested in Kasikorn specifically, no other banks please.

44 minutes ago, YT3k72Em said:

No guarantees, but the main office at Aree is probably more likely to do things by the book and speak english.

Hmm by the book is not what I am looking for, as I don't believe Tourist Visa holders are allowed to open bank accounts?

Thing is if you want to convert a tourist visa to non o visa you need money in bank and without a non o you can't open a bank account? ????

Maybe try telling them you need it for visa conversion perhaps that would be a good enough reason to allow you to open. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jackie66 said:

Thing is if you want to convert a tourist visa to non o visa you need money in bank and without a non o you can't open a bank account? ????

Maybe try telling them you need it for visa conversion perhaps that would be a good enough reason to allow you to open. 

Good point, I’ll try that!

you could call the call center and ask for the requirements first.

you could take along a thai person who banks at that branch and has more than 10,000 baht to their name who can vouch for you.

you can take a yellow house book or immigration letter confirming your address.

you can take 100,000 baht cash and plop it on the counter.

you can dress professionally and speak politely.

All these things are known to improve your chances.

• Thanks 1

On 11/24/2020 at 10:42 AM, Barnabe said:

Hmm by the book is not what I am looking for, as I don't believe Tourist Visa holders are allowed to open bank accounts?

There is no such limitation, it's just up to the bank or branch.

If it has to be Kasikorn i guess you have to try your luck by walking into several branches. Or you just open one at Krungsri.