Address Verification

I live in a village how do i get my address documented for the immigration office visa extention.

That sounds funny........imean how do i prove to immigration that that is my address i have nothing linking that address with my name.

I live in a village how do i get my address documented for the immigration office visa extention.

That sounds funny........imean how do i prove to immigration that that is my address i have nothing linking that address with my name.

Immigration asked me to get a letter from my Embassy which states that I have stated to them that I live at XXX adress

After that Immigration issued a certificate of residence stating that XXX was my adress

Do you have a rental agreement? That might suffice.

Otherwise it will be the embassy route.

If you live in a small village the Head Man, (poo yai) might be able to provide a letter regarding your address.

It is only to satisfy the Thai way of doing things.

Locals have the Tabien Bahn (household paper)

and we do not.

It is all rather stupid really.

Is this a non o visa extension on retirement grounds?? I'm on the point of doing this myself, and over many weeks I've been asking if proof of address is needed but haven't had any assertion on the forum that it is, nor seen a reference to it until your above input. Like you I too have nothing to link me to the house - I pay rent without a rental agreement.

I'm going to make the application this before the weekend. Let's see.

(In fact I haven't yet registered with the embassy either.)

I now stay in Thailand with an O (wife) 1 Year etension for about 3 Years. Each and everytime I#m supposed to register my address (which has changed a few times during this period, as I refuse to buy any property here in these times ...) I just tell them the adress I reside, andtey have never asked me for prove.

Sunny

I now stay in Thailand with an O (wife) 1 Year etension for about 3 Years. Each and everytime I#m supposed to register my address (which has changed a few times during this period, as I refuse to buy any property here in these times ...) I just tell them the adress I reside, andtey have never asked me for prove.

Sunny

I think i will ask the head man in village.I built house for G/F in village and she lets me live there.I am going for the retirement visa from an O visa.Now i have to go embassy for income letter.any problems i will post them..thank guys .

Sunny

I think i will ask the head man in village.I built house for G/F in village and she lets me live there.I am going for the retirement visa from an O visa.Now i have to go embassy for income letter.any problems i will post them..thank guys .

Well, I'll be going tomorrow (friday) for my extension hoping to repeat Sunny's experience. I'm applying in Chiang Mai. Let's see.

Immigration were happy with my Thai drivers licence. To get that I went and got a medial (the ones where you stay in the car and the wife nips in does the business) and marriage cert. Up to immigration and the wife basically guarantees my address with the house book. Immigration gives me a letter which I present along with my UK and international drives licences at the test centre, do an eye sight and reaction speed test and am issued my motorcycle and car licences which have my address on.

Hope this helps

Paul