Division 1 Playoffs

dsfbrit

If I had the wings of an eagle........

There's a company called football plus who have the rights to Championship footy now in Thailand.

However due to copyright reasons they have encrypted. Some of the private cable co. were showing the channel up to this point.

If you can't find a bar that has it you need to find somewhere that has a C-Band dish as that's the frequency it's broadcast on.

google Live TV that's the company that have this channel.

I have actually spoken to the MD of Live TV about the encryption of this channel, I will contact him again nearer the time of the playoffs to see if he knows any bars that show it.

BLUE ARMY!

I hope you do have the wings of an angle, 'cos I am getting desperate.

I emailed Live Media then phoned them to see if they had an outlet here in Pattaya. They gave me the name of Sophon - which we have already and certainly does NOT have it. I then asked her for the name of a bar or hotel here that may have the service - she was helpful but could not find any information on this and then said no one had taken the service.

I then said OK - anywhere in Thailand would do - could she give me the name of any hotel or bar and I would go there. As I had to do all this in Thai, when I told her I would go 'anywhere', she got totally confused. I had to keep giving her a specific location or she could not look it up on the system I guess.

The line then went dead - I think she had decided I was a 'time waster' - she was right I guess :)

So - if you could give me the details of the MD or contact the MD again - I would be very grateful.

Bangkok would be fine... Pattaya where I live would be fine...etc...

Edit: I am going to wander around the suppliers they list in Pattaya on their website. They should have a list of local bars and hotels with this service. The trouble is - the list includes Banglamung TV - which I know does not have the 'LIVE TV' football - as I live in Banglamung!!!

Edited by dsfbrit

I have decided this has become too complicated. I will borrow my wifes motorbike and drive around Pattaya tomorrow and if there is a bar with a sign outside saying they are showing the game on Saturday, then I will go there. Otherwise I will listen to it on Forest Player.

Thanks for your advice and feedback - and come on U Reds :)

dsfbrit - Thanks for trying.

I checked the "south africa" listing and you're right the blackpool v forest game is shown the following morning delayed on ss3. Later the cardiff game is shown live and on tuesday night the forest v blackpool game is advertised live. I've checked the "rest of africa" listings again and there is nothing at all regarding the play offs. "rest of africa" did previously advertise both play off games but now shows nothing.

I'm 90% sure that the feed over here picks up the "rest of africa" signal so unless the programme listings change i think we're pi@ssing in the wind. the only other channel that might show this game is "setanta" which i think some aussie bars have as its good for rugby. i'll try and check around.

Cheers

dsfbrit - Thanks for trying.

I checked the "south africa" listing and you're right the blackpool v forest game is shown the following morning delayed on ss3. Later the cardiff game is shown live and on tuesday night the forest v blackpool game is advertised live. I've checked the "rest of africa" listings again and there is nothing at all regarding the play offs. "rest of africa" did previously advertise both play off games but now shows nothing.

I'm 90% sure that the feed over here picks up the "rest of africa" signal so unless the programme listings change i think we're pi@ssing in the wind. the only other channel that might show this game is "setanta" which i think some aussie bars have as its good for rugby. i'll try and check around.

Cheers

poolie, if I find out anything useful I will let you know. Good Luck :)

Edit:

poolie on another thread I was advised to do the following - I googled it and it looks useful - worth a try:

google "iraq goals" you can get live streams there and this game will be covered.

Quality is only fair but better than text updates on the BBC.

Edited by dsfbrit

Dsfbrit, sent you a PM about LiveTV, as I mentioned before check out www.thestreaminglounge.co.uk or myp2p.eu. One of those will stream the game live for sure.

Thanks... I have PM'd a reply. Good luck to Leicester...

Yes come on you reds!!!!!

I do have the Forest player to listen to the games, occasionally they have Forest games on www.bet365.com

(have to register but has live streaming of many sports)

PLEASE tell me somewhere in Bangkok are playing the games!?!?!

It looks like it Forest Player - I have just renewed my membership!!!

I'm in Ko san tonight and tmrw if I find somewhere I'll let you know so you can watch the final!

Thanks - its about to kick off - I have registered with the streaming lounge to watch the game and Forest Player to listen to it!!!

Good luck tomorrow ....

I listened to the game last saturday on BBC Radio Nottingham on the internet IN THAILAND. It wasn't blocked and the same station is broadcasting the game from Nottingham tonight. Come on you Tangerines

Typical - I have been ripped-off again - oh well never mind. I hope next year I wont have to scratch around like this and I can watch them in the Premier League on a proper tele :D

I actually tried the various online LIVE tv stations as I listened to the game and by half time had settled onto the one you can find if you Google 'Irag Goals'. For me in Pattaya that had the best and acceptable picture and very few buffering interruptions.

No offence to your Tangerines, but if you do get into the Premiership, you will have to spend a few pounds on that ground of yours - I cannot imagine Man U nor Liverpool wanting to play amongst piles of swirling chip trays in the goal mouth once they have negotiated the length of that mole hill ridden pitch :)

Good luck tonight - may the best team in Red win!!!

Gutted!!! but in the big picture we finished 3rd after being 19th last season.

If we can get a few new faces in the close season then hopefully we can challenge next season for honors.

Also if England gets the world cup (announced in December) we could get either a new ground or a new main stand to take us to over 40,000!

Couple that with a promotion season, things are looking bright for the mighty forest

Red all the way

Agreed-the playoffs are always a bit of a lottery. Next season Forest will finish top so they wont have to mess about like this :)

The teams coming down dont look so strong this year as well. Certainly wont run away with it like Newcastle. The next question is - where will I watch the games!!!

Ended up watching the game on the internet and was well worth it in the end. So here we go again. Need to find the game somehere in Bangkok on Saturday 22 May kick off 9pm Thai time. Checked supersport website and they are showing it on S3 but its on their South Africa listing only. As far as i know Thailand picks up the signal from the Rest Of Africa and so therefore it won't be on.

Somebody please prove me wrong or find the game for me. A few beers are in it for you.

Cheers everyone and up the pool!

Ended up watching the game on the internet and was well worth it in the end. So here we go again. Need to find the game somehere in Bangkok on Saturday 22 May kick off 9pm Thai time. Checked supersport website and they are showing it on S3 but its on their South Africa listing only. As far as i know Thailand picks up the signal from the Rest Of Africa and so therefore it won't be on.

Somebody please prove me wrong or find the game for me. A few beers are in it for you.

coupla seasons back i watched leeds play watford in the final at cardiff, the game was live through ubc available in just about any old boozer, sorry i dont know if this has changed,

good luck blackpool

You are right it is rest of Africa. I agree with Imola - I thought it was on UBC before. When I was searching for these play-off televised locations - I could not find anything on the play-offs for this year on UBC. Still that was last week so I will keep a look out for somewhere. As you can imagine - I wont be bothering to watch - good luck against Cardiff :)

Gutted!!! but in the big picture we finished 3rd after being 19th last season.

If we can get a few new faces in the close season then hopefully we can challenge next season for honors.

Also if England gets the world cup (announced in December) we could get either a new ground or a new main stand to take us to over 40,000!

Couple that with a promotion season, things are looking bright for the mighty forest

Red all the way

I am glad we did not go out on a penalty shoot-out. At least our removal from the competition was not THAT painful :)

I'm in Ko san tonight and tmrw if I find somewhere I'll let you know so you can watch the final!

Well Bangkok Blue there is some good news and some bad news - the good news is we dont have to spend a lot of time trying to find a venue to watch our team in the final, the bad news is - we dont have to spend a lot of time trying to find a venue to watch our team in the final. :)

Penalties - cruel...

Edited by dsfbrit