Seen this fantastic movie 2019 'A hidden life'

ezzra

Watched this epic 3 hours thought provoking masterpiece of a movie, thought i'll share, of a TRUE story of a World War II Austrian conscientious objector who refuses to swear an alliance to Hitler and serve as a soldier in the war and thus end up in a hole lot of troubles imprisoned and ultimately executed... one of the best movies i have seen for a long while...

https://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/a-hidden-life-movie-review-2019

Edited by ezzra
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes, one of my top ten favourite movies. The main character is such an incredibly brave, principled man, adds so much poignancy when you learn it is based on a true story.

Modest hero's like the main protagonist in this movie are not celebrated enough in movies

20 minutes ago, NumbNut said:

Yes, one of my top ten favourite movies. The main character is such an incredibly brave, principled man, adds so much poignancy when you learn it is based on a true story.

Modest hero's like the main protagonist in this movie are not celebrated enough in movies

In actual fact this story was about a catholic priest who was the inspiration for the movie but for some reasons they made the protagonist to be a farmer with a family, who knows why? maybe to be politically correct here and not upset the clergy?...