CCSA to decide on Feb 22 about lifting Bangkok booze ban, easing restrictions

snoop1130

On 2/17/2021 at 11:42 AM, Eaglekott said:

A guy I knew died from Covid-19 15 April 2020. He was only 51 Years old. Only underlaying condition was pre-stage of Diabetes type 2. Not something considered being life threatening.

And I know one 89 year old disabled guy in UK who hasn't had it. All depends on your exposure to it. As I see many farang here wandering around without masks or wearing them improperly I can only imagine the stupidity going on in their home countries. 

On 2/18/2021 at 6:04 AM, KhunG said:

Because it's true.  Many people, like us,  don't know anyone who has had the virus.  It's rare.  The fact that you're surrounded by people who have passed doesn't change that.  I also don't know anyone who has committed suicide.  That doesn't mean it doesn't happen.  It speaks to it's rarity.

Nearly 10 percent of Americans have had covid. I reckon nearly everyone there would know someone who has had it. 

On 2/18/2021 at 6:04 AM, KhunG said:

Because it's true.  Many people, like us,  don't know anyone who has had the virus.  It's rare.  The fact that you're surrounded by people who have passed doesn't change that.  I also don't know anyone who has committed suicide.  That doesn't mean it doesn't happen.  It speaks to it's rarity.

Agree it is rare. I've been asking since it began and until Sunday last hadn't found anybody that knew of anybody who had contracted covid. I've also not found anybody who has committed suicide or died from malnutrition/starvation. 

On 2/16/2021 at 9:29 PM, snoop1130 said:

CCSA to decide on Feb 22 about lifting Bangkok booze ban, easing restrictions

download (1).jpg

Image: Reuters

Thailand’s Centre for Center for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) will meet on February 22 to discuss relaxing more restrictions, spokesperson Dr Taweesin Visanuyothin said on Monday. 

The meeting will focus on a number of areas, including relaxing the restrictions surrounding the serving of alcohol at restaurants and hotels and the opening hours of bars, pubs and other entertainment venues.

The CCSA will also consider changing the status of the provinces deemed to be high risk. 

Easing restrictions at sporting events in order to allow spectators will also be up for consideration.

If restrictions are eased, it could mean that Bangkok, which is currently a ‘high controlled area’ (red zone), would allow alcohol to be consumed in restaurants and nightlife to re-open. 

For Pattaya, it could see opening hours of bars, restaurants and pubs extended beyond the current limit of 11pm.

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-02-16

Its shocking for busineses and small operators however you hear conflicting stories all the time for instance a guy last weekend came into pattaya just for a drink yet another went to bkk for 50th birthday