Have you tried the trendy surgical mask hack that's sweeping the globe?

Jingthing

For my mask fashion choice, I usually favor a fetching disposable surgical mask, or perhaps more accurately, a procedure mask.

Available at fashion house Chez Sept-Onze.

That's all well and good but like so many I've found that the fit isn't that great. Sure you can adjust the nose, but air is still too open on the sides. Eyeglasses sometimes fog. Obviously that isn't ideal and any protection for yourself and others is clearly reduced with such leaks.

So enter the trendy surgical mask hack.

Basically trying knots in the loops and tucking in the sides. 

The procedure is explained well in this link and it's two videos.

How to make a mask fit better: How to wear a surgical mask (today.com)

Have you already tried this hack?

Frankly, I've had a big problem with a key element of the hack, tying the knots very close to the mask. Yes that's shown in the videos but I haven't mastered it yet.

One time I got one side positioned right and then and only then was it possible to do the second key part -- tucking in the sides (in this case, one side).

But trying that on I could see it was a much snugger fit and sides done correctly do indeed block air.

But assuming you're more coordinated than me and can master the technique, there is one big caveat for this hack. It's best for smaller faces. I'm not sure yet or not if my face is small enough for these hack masks to be ideal. If you've got a very big face, it probably won't be. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, bangon04 said:

does the size of the nose have any relevance?

Don't know but some people says that t the size of one nose directly correlate with his manhood tool size, not sure about this theory when it comes to the ladies though...

Edited by ezzra

13 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Don't know but some people says that t the size of one nose directly correlate with his manhood tool size, not sure about this theory when it comes to the ladies though...

Don't they also say that as you get older your nose gets bigger?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, bangon04 said:

does the size of the nose have any relevance?

Everything has relevance.

For those of you with a big schmooze I suppose you would need to use more real estate in the nose adjustment area. 

Possibly that would make this mask hack which results in a smaller mask not feasible. 

If you want to see if this is better for you, you need to try it yourself. 

Does anyone have a tip on how to successfully tie the loop knots very close in to the mask?

Edited by Jingthing

Jingthing  its kind of like tying fishing hooks .Once you have made the loop keep it large and slid it down to the edge of the mask pulling it tight to the mask edge with two fingernails and firmly pull the other end to chinch it up. I don't know and won't enter into the big nose issue LOL  but big fingers are sure a hindrance 555

• Thanks 1

I've got a big one (nose unfortunately) and find the new GQ max mask really good. It's the first mask I've had where air doesn't escape next to the nose or out the sides. And to top it off it's an N95. I don't wear glasses but I assume it would stop the fogging that others experience.

the other option is walk around everywhere with a never-emptying Starbucks sealed coffee mug 

- forever sipping on it, and then continually refilling it from the bottle of tapwater, in your bag...   

(certainly works well in ozzie shopping plazas, because you can't be Masked and Drink at the same time) 

On 2/18/2021 at 3:43 AM, sirineou said:

Don't they also say that as you get older your nose gets bigger?  

When I was a Kid, I was always told that if you tell lies your nose gets bigger, well my nose is not any bigger, and I have made a few visits to the tax office in my time. ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1