Investment Visa

Last year I got a one year extension on investment grounds (3 million baht in a fixed deposit) just before this type of visa was withdrawn. I have two questions:

At the time I was told that although this type of visa had been withdrawn existing holders could continue to renew. Has anyone actually been able to renew since October 2006

I applied for the orginal extension in Bangkok. Can I apply this year in Pattaya

Extended end februari 2007, but only after paying a sizable backhander to outside "consultant". Extension was first refused on a "technicality"!

Pattaya/Jomtien office.

But who knows what comes next. The "grandfathering" clause seemingly can be withdrawn anytime they see fit, clear proof are the extensions based on marriage and 400,000 Baht in the bank.

According to this thread it looks like the 400,000 in the bank ends on Oct 1st 2007.

Unfortunately there are not a whole lot of people on the 3 million investment visa, so it might take a while until the first reports start to trickle in wetter they will keep this option open or not!

Last year I got a one year extension on investment grounds (3 million baht in a fixed deposit) just before this type of visa was withdrawn. I have two questions:

At the time I was told that although this type of visa had been withdrawn existing holders could continue to renew. Has anyone actually been able to renew since October 2006

I applied for the orginal extension in Bangkok. Can I apply this year in Pattaya

We have had no problems getting extension of stay permits based on investment, renewed for our clients.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

I will apply for a 1 year extension in one month (for the third time).

As Sunbelt posted, my lawyer also confirmed to me that it will be no problem.

I will let you know shortly

:o

• 1 month later...

I will apply for a 1 year extension in one month (for the third time).

As Sunbelt posted, my lawyer also confirmed to me that it will be no problem.

I will let you know shortly

:o

I applied few weeks ago in Suan Plu and everything was done THE SAME DAY !

Usually, they extended my stay for a month until they checked everything (again and again) but this time they proceeded immediatly (seems the process changed).

Great !

Edited by cosmont

• 4 weeks later...

This question is for Sunbelt :

If I sell and buy a new condo during the period of my investment visa, is it possible that the immigration cancel my extension of stay as I changed of property (even value still up to 3M Baht) ? :o