Tiger Air Offering S$1 Tickets From Singapore To Thailand

sbk

SINGAPORE: Airfares don't come cheaper than this!

Budget airliner Tiger Airways is offering one-way tickets for just a dollar!

The offer is for travel from Singapore to Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Hat Yai, Padang, Phuket, Shenzhen and Udon Thani.

Tickets are for travelling dates from September 11th until October 28th this year.

You can buy the tickets from May 14th until May 20th.

The airliner is also offering special discounts to destinations in Australia.

One-way fare to Darwin is just $8, and one-way ticket to Perth is $28. - CNA/ir

ChannelNewsAsia

I enquired about one of these deals before.The price wasexclusive off all taxes, surcharges, fees, etc.

And you had to book into an affiliated hotel in Bkk for 2 days.

I ended up being cheaper with Singapore Air.

The offer is for travel from Singapore to Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Hat Yai, Padang, Phuket, Shenzhen and Udon Thani.

Tickets are for travelling dates from September 11th until October 28th this year.

ChannelNewsAsia

I was just going to give them a try but their server is down - will try later

ChannelNewsAsia

Can anyone tell me what is the catch here besides the advert value?

ChannelNewsAsia

Not sure but it does say one way from Singapore - how much is the return portion?

You would have to look at that then decide on total cost compared with other airlines?

Airlines like Ryan Air have been doing this for years - you still pay the taxes and other charges. Its all to do with yield management - they still have enough higher paying passengers to make the flight worthwhile.

I flew Tiger from Perth to BKK - they are a bit cheaper but the seats are very small etc.

I saw today that Jetset in Aust was offering 760AUD return inc taxes Per - BKK on Thai Airways. This must be very close to Tiger prices.

The other problem with Tiger is the scheduling - arrived in SIN at 3.00am and the connecting flight to BKK was at 7.00am.

You have to go out thru SIN immigration and then back in again.

Tiger are great for short flights but next time I'll pay the extra to go on a more convenient and comfortable airline.

Edited by Sporting Dog

I flew Tiger from Perth to BKK - they are a bit cheaper but the seats are very small etc.

I saw today that Jetset in Aust was offering 760AUD return inc taxes Per - BKK on Thai Airways. This must be very close to Tiger prices.

The other problem with Tiger is the scheduling - arrived in SIN at 3.00am and the connecting flight to BKK was at 7.00am.

Tiger are great for short flights but next time I'll pay the extra to go on a more convenient and comfortable airline.

after you add fuel surcharge landing taxes etc you will save a little but the seats are small,landing and take off at inconveinent hours ,and you probably have to buy food on board,plus the flights are not changeable ,your better off paying a little more and having a better journey :o

I was just going to give them a try but their server is down - will try later

Server is still down. Must be overloaded, I can't imagine that they would be doing maintenance in the middle of the business day.

The few times I have priced the low-cost carriers flights to Australia, I also came to the conclusion that you are not saving enough money relative to the full-service airlines to offset the predictable hassles. For example, Tiger is extremely strict on baggage weight. One gram overweight and they whip out their calculators.

If I can fly AirAsia from Bangkok to Chiang Mai for approximately 1000 baht, I am happy to overlook any of the airline's idiosyncrasies. When that AirAsia price nears THAI's fare of 2500 baht to 3000 baht, there is no incentive whatsoever to fly the low-cost carrier. The low-cost guys don't reduce the amount of b.s. relative to the amount paid. :o

We Booked Singapore , Phuket return in september, on the 4th of april this year total price for 2 people 186dollars australian all inclusive.Nignoy

ChannelNewsAsia

Not sure but it does say one way from Singapore - how much is the return portion?

You would have to look at that then decide on total cost compared with other airlines?

Airlines like Ryan Air have been doing this for years - you still pay the taxes and other charges. Its all to do with yield management - they still have enough higher paying passengers to make the flight worthwhile.