7 Dangerous Days: Day 4 - 29 killed, 392 people injured on Thailand’s roads

webfact

7 hours ago, Asquith Production said:

Many people put this up as a reason not to have lockdowns and restrictions. You just cant compare the two.  The virus spreads exponentially and someone with the virus can infect two to three others. Out of every hundred people who contract it, experts believe one will die. Yes if road deaths suddenly grew by 10 fold then the government would have to put in measures to stop it but they dont they continue at a steady rate. If their was no restrictions, the virus would do its own thing, which ever way that would be 

so one person will die for every 100 infected ?

So why do we not have 1,000s of people dying in Thailand, , why only 97 ?

So who are these so called experts" ?

Road deaths do not increase grow by 10%, just like deaths and ICU admissions do not grow by 10% either

So how are the restrictions working so far ? It seems the virus is doing its own thing, and that is not killing the population .

Any data on the 97 people who died ? How many had underlying illnesses, how many were old, how many were close to the end of their lives ? Any data on how many people have died from the flu in the last 16 months ? !,865 on average, yet nobody runs scared from catching the flu do they ?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Asquith Production said:

Deaths from accidents might be higher but the chance of catching the virus are even higher, 1300 yesterday. So as the number of infected people grow the greater chance of dying if your in a vulnerable group. The virus also tends to cause a cluster in a particular area so causing bed shortages for other illness in local hospitals. Road accidents tend to be spread out more nationally .

so the chances of catching the virus is higher than dying in an accident, maybe

But what are the chances of dying from the virus, compared to dying in a motor accident ?

97 in 16 months , out of a population of 88.5 million ?  versus 37,000 road deaths in the same period ?

For most folk on Thai Visa, you have more chance of dying on the toilet than dying from covid !

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Tonypandy said:

Let's lockdown all the roads

why not, its as daft as closing the bars

How many of the truck and delivery drivers have had the vaccine and how many are tested each day, while travelling to and from the "infected" areas ?

Edited by Joinaman

3 hours ago, steevjee said:

You and all the other Covid deniers are the hysterically irrational part of the equation.

More than 97% of the population disagree with you but somehow you think you have a God given right to say it's harmless?

Your attitude would change very quickly if a family member or friend was a Covid casualty

nobody denies the virus is real, but we question how deadly it is in Thailand

Do you know someone who has caught this "deadly" virus and died from it ?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Asquith Production said:

Yeah well its not just about dying is it?  Everybody who gets it spreads it to other people who can potentially die. When someone dies in an accident thats the end of it. When you get the virus, no matter how serious, you just keep passing it on. Until everybody is vaccinated their as to be restrictions. This ongoing analogy with accidents is stupid.

I like these words like, can, could, maybe, possibly. They say so much, yet mean so little

So how many have died in 16 months in Thailand 97 ? 

You have more chance of dying from being given the flu, than from this "deadly" virus 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Joinaman said:

I like these words like, can, could, maybe, possibly. They say so much, yet mean so little

So how many have died in 16 months in Thailand 97 ? 

You have more chance of dying from being given the flu, than from this "deadly" virus 

Yes maybe its because of the lockdown and restrictions imposed thats caused such a low death rate. Thais have been very good at following Government restrictions which cannot be said for some western countries and farang here. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Asquith Production said:

Yes maybe its because of the lockdown and restrictions imposed thats caused such a low death rate. Thais have been very good at following Government restrictions which cannot be said for some western countries and farang here. 

care to explain exactly how these so called lockdowns have reduced the death rate, when the infection rate is so high ?

Following government restrictions ?? 

Most people i know bypassed the restrictions, kept drinking, ignored social distancing, wear masks when in stores only, or for some reason, when driving a car, or riding a motorbike, 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joinaman said:

so the chances of catching the virus is higher than dying in an accident, maybe

But what are the chances of dying from the virus, compared to dying in a motor accident ?

97 in 16 months , out of a population of 88.5 million ?  versus 37,000 road deaths in the same period ?

For most folk on Thai Visa, you have more chance of dying on the toilet than dying from covid !

One in a million! ????

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Joinaman said:

care to explain exactly how these so called lockdowns have reduced the death rate, when the infection rate is so high ?

Following government restrictions ?? 

Most people i know bypassed the restrictions, kept drinking, ignored social distancing, wear masks when in stores only, or for some reason, when driving a car, or riding a motorbike, 

Im sure Thai people are very pleased your here.

39 minutes ago, Asquith Production said:

Im sure Thai people are very pleased your here.

why, its mostly the Thais i:m talking about 

They shut down the music festival at our local temple due to no social distancing. yesterday

Where are they now, partying and getting drunk at various houses 

Lockdowns last year, just meant they  had to go early hours of the morning to buy beer and then continue to drink and party  as usual

Travel to different provinces, no problem, just bypass the road checks and carry on as usual

Thais follow the rules, when it suits them

• Like 2

2 hours ago, David T Pike said:

Un sur un million! ????

For number of deaths over the last 3
2018 / 2019/2020 I let you find the real figures far from your statements ....
Note that the motorbike fleet in the kingdom is more than 21 423 877  motorcycles (2021) according to the LDT and that they are responsible for more than 80% of fatal accidents on the roads of the last 4 years including 2021 to date

image.png

image.png.11b8eff8ce9c2258aeb49da4533d0e13.png

Edited by SPREX
up date

13 hours ago, Jimbo2014 said:

Four times the total Covid Kill count in less than a week of driving with lockdowns....   Perhaps time for a national programme to limit the carnage on the scale of the covid response?

Awww, just when the road deaths numbers are down? I was thinking it's time to let them pat themselves on the back and pop a bottle open!

• Haha 1

On 4/14/2021 at 1:30 PM, Joinaman said:

and people still run scared from this "deadly "virus that has killed only 97 in 16 months , which is 1 every 26 days, yet we accept numbers of road deaths like these without fear 

Not sure what you mean by exactly by "run scared". Most importantly, you don't say what you would do to combat this pandemic (I hate to guess).

Traffic deaths have been with us for many decades while this SARS-COV2 virus is making it's first world tour and our immune systems have no experience with it. Oh, and traffic deaths are also not transmitted from person to person, so you can only compare it to another infectious disease (out of which the aerosols are the toughest ones to avoid).

It's also very easy to reduce your risk to die in a car accident significantly via your own choices & behavior, while this is again limited for our current Covid-19 scenario.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

To all the posters that have to compare the covid virus, to car accidents and other things that kill people. 

When you are lying face down in a hospital bed with tubes in you and are trying to recover from covid, could you please put out a 

post to give us all a comparison, of how covid is treating you?  Thanks in advance.

Geezer 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

To all the posters that have to compare the covid virus, to car accidents and other things that kill people. 

When you are lying face down in a hospital bed with tubes in you and are trying to recover from covid, could you please put out a 

post to give us all a comparison, of how covid is treating you?  Thanks in advance.

Geezer 

can we say the same about the many thousands of people lying in hospital with the much more deadly flu, in Thailand ?

Remind me again how many have died from the "deadly" virus in Thailand  over 16 months ?   97 ?

Deaths from the much more "deadly" flu virus  in Thailand in the same period , ?   17,040

Now tell me which one i should be more worried about

• Like 2

On 4/15/2021 at 8:16 PM, SPREX said:

For number of deaths over the last 3
2018 / 2019/2020 I let you find the real figures far from your statements ....
Note that the motorbike fleet in the kingdom is more than 21 423 877  motorcycles (2021) according to the LDT and that they are responsible for more than 80% of fatal accidents on the roads of the last 4 years including 2021 to date

image.png

image.png.11b8eff8ce9c2258aeb49da4533d0e13.png

I was talking about the covid deaths Einstein! 

On 16/04/2021 at 20:26, David T Pike said:

Je parlais de la mort de covid Einstein! 

Sorry, my post is addressed to the person who asserted unbelievable figures in the population and in the number of Thai accidents
it's a constant on Thai visa many points of view without ever providing any document from the Thai authority for people who live in Thailand it's a bit of a mess ...

• Confused 1

On 4/16/2021 at 7:22 AM, Joinaman said:

can we say the same about the many thousands of people lying in hospital with the much more deadly flu, in Thailand ?

Remind me again how many have died from the "deadly" virus in Thailand  over 16 months ?   97 ?

Deaths from the much more "deadly" flu virus  in Thailand in the same period , ?   17,040

Now tell me which one i should be more worried about

There's a vaccine against the flu. It's been around for many years and gets tweaked for whatever seasonal strain is making the rounds that year. If people don't take the flu vaccine, that's their choice. Obviously, they won't be forced.

Also, influenza finds perfect transmission conditions because it isn't combatted on a broad scale with face masks, strict hand hygiene and other measures. This is what happens when we just let a virus run rampant and it would be worse if we did the same with Covid-19. The Covid numbers are so much lower because action was taken (proof below) but I understand it's not in a Covid-deniers interest to understand this.

In addition, there is no such thing as an "Influenza Long Haulers"; SARS-COV2 is a much more aggrressive virus.

Some good news, proving how the current anti-Covid measures also work on influenza:

"As of publication time, cases of influenza this year have dropped by a whopping 70 percent drop compared to 2019. The case number is also far below the five-year average. Officials attribute the phenomenon to the omnipresent facemasks and other measures taken up by Thais living under the ever-looming threat of the coronavirus.

“Since COVID-19 towards the beginning of this year, we found that measures such as social distancing, hand-washing, and wearing face masks have decreased respiratory diseases,” Rungrueng Kitphati, spokesman of the Ministry of Public Health, said by phone Tuesday. 

It’s not the flu either; Rungrueng said hand foot mouth diseases also dropped significantly. "

On 4/16/2021 at 5:02 AM, Stargrazer9889 said:

Geezer 

Can say the same about any illness or accident. The comparisons are valid and the numbers are not lies...simply reality. 

8 hours ago, SPREX said:

Sorry, my post is addressed to the person who asserted unbelievable figures in the population and in the number of Thai accidents
it's a constant on Thai visa many points of view without ever providing any document from the Thai authority for people who live in Thailand it's a bit of a mess ...

Than why did you quote me??? "One in a million!"

17 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

Can say the same about any illness or accident. The comparisons are valid and the numbers are not lies...simply reality. 

Just pointing at numbers and hiding under what circumstances they were achieved is incredibly misleading and unscientific.

Well, after reading all the posts on TVF concerning C19 and sensing the fear obviously present in some posts, i've come to the conclusion that Twain had it right..........

It's going to be hard to convince a lot of people that they've been lied to........   

Mark Twain....jpg

7 hours ago, Mr Dome said:

Just pointing at numbers and hiding under what circumstances they were achieved is incredibly misleading and unscientific.

Disagree...especially in the context to the post in which my reply was intended. Special pleading, which is what that poster was doing, can be made for any illness/injury. And comparing factual statistics and using them as a guage of reference for comparison is never unscientific.

The simple fact remains that at this point in time, everyone in Thailand has a much higher chance of dying from other causes...tobacco, diabetes, preventable heart disease and yes, motor vehicle accidents. Even mosquito-borne diseases killed over 70 just 2 years ago. 

Edited by Skeptic7

To Joinaman,  if you actually believe the number 97 is all who have died from COVIUD 19, you are telling me hat you actually believe

the supposed official number?    Maybe go to a few hospitals and ask the staff if they believe that number. You will likely be very 

shocked.     My Thai relatives say that you could take that number and multiply by at least 10 times or 20 times and get a more

accurate amount of deaths.   Just a note, it is in my opinion that some posters on this forum, are a bit naive, and should try

all means and some leg work to get more accurate facts about this COVID pandemic.

Geezer

• Like 1

19 hours ago, SPREX said:

Because, it seems you live in the Philippines and are commenting on Thaivisa in Thailand

image.png

I was not commenting about the Philippines, nor were others and the thread statement didn't either. Did you go to Arthur Murray's to learn your tap dancing skills? BTW, FYI I will be in Thailand permanently in two days. ????