Dvd

johna

There are plenty of DVD outlets in BKK but I am looking specifically for documentaries,

I would rather watch "The Fog of War" by Robert McNamara or "Roger and Me" by Michael Moore etc, than "Mission Impossible" type movies.

Can any one recommend a shop

Some of the shops in Fortune Town (Ratchada Road) might be able to help you, that's where I have bought a few documentaries but in the end downloading is the saviour!

I have a set of 24 docs called a history of britain at war there should be 25 but the first one has gone missing .Also they are on video not dvd i would be willing to sell if the price was right i'm in pattaya

Silom has a ton of dvd places, in the one area there are a bunch all close to each other, might have to spend 20 minute working your way through them but i know more then 1 table/"shop" have nice collections of documentaries, I've seen Fog of War available at more then one place in that area, also tons of national geographic and sports stuff.. as colino said above he thought it was Chit Lom BTS, i cant remember for sure but i believe its Chit Lom ( on Silom..) Fog of War was really good btw, downloaded it a few years ago.

There are plenty of DVD outlets in BKK but I am looking specifically for documentaries,

I would rather watch "The Fog of War" by Robert McNamara or "Roger and Me" by Michael Moore etc, than "Mission Impossible" type movies.

I now order ALL my DVD's from Amazon.com. great quality and fine selection of titles. Just key the title or subject that interests you and a list of available DVDs is returned with prices in US$.

Only drawback is mailing times involved from US to Thailand, but well worth the wait.

In fact I've ordered both of your referanced titles from them amonst many others.

I now order ALL my DVD's from Amazon.com. great quality and fine selection of titles. Just key the title or subject that interests you and a list of available DVDs is returned with prices in US$.

Only drawback is mailing times involved from US to Thailand, but well worth the wait.

In fact I've ordered both of your referanced titles from them amonst many others.

The main drawback is the cost from USA. Try Pantip Plaza. They have the most DVD's I have seen in BKK, but a lot of Thai market taste stuff there, tasteless comedy, bang-bang action, etc.

Do you order used ones? Does customs intercept and charge duty? How much wait? Order several at once or one by one?

Thanks for the tip,

Swelters

I dont trust

the quality of used DVD's, although they are available at reduced cost. Always I try to order new ones.

Never had a probelm with customs, nor customs duty. If customs duty is a concern then just try ordering a few so that the total cost is small and not worth the bother of collecting duty or try using a Thais friends name as the recipiant which in most cases will guarantee a customs free shipment, regardless of cost.

The mailing time is usually between two and three weeks, if all the DVD's I order are in stock. If some are not in stock then they are shipped and follow in a separate shipment. shipping cost are minimal usually just a few $.

Usually I order a load of maybe 5 or 6 sometimes more at a time. I do the same and sometime include music cds for artists that I cannot find locally. ie Janis Joplin, Johnny Cash, Cat Stevens

Try Mangpong (Mangpon?) in what was Central Plaza / World Trade Centre (Zen Centre now?) Nearest BTS is Chit Lom. It's been refurbished & relocated to the ground floor since I was there last year, but the indications were it would be bigger than before - and it had a great range then.

Amazon is grrreat. I got Sanford and Son 1st 3 seasons, all of the family 1st 4 seasons and Ice Storm from amazon in a single shipment and was charged zero from customs. that rip off place in MBK wanted 3K for a single season of all in family. I got this entire shipment for 5K

Edited by Fred Sanford