Non Return Valve Needed

carlyai

Loads of NRVs in Global House, Thaiwatsadu, etc. Can't say I've seen that particular type, but they all function the same. They're not the most high tech piece of kit in the world.

2 hours ago, Moonlover said:

Loads of NRVs in Global House, Thaiwatsadu, etc. Can't say I've seen that particular type, but they all function the same. They're not the most high tech piece of kit in the world.

Cant find any with the flap type valve. 

1 hour ago, Bagwain said:

The ones with a ball inside are better. No axle pin that's prone to breaking!

Hi, its for my aquaponics  system and i require a NRV with very low resistance to flow thru water as my pump is only 40 W. 

• Like 1

@BagwainAlso another question if i may. 

Have you ever pulled to pieces this 3 way valve? I've ordered another one to replace this one and hopefully I can undo the screws and it wont sail into a million pieces.

I am pretty sure its my fault that the 3 way valve and flapper NRV are sticking as they are American fittings and just a bit bigger than the Thai 1.5" pipe. So I was advised to epoxy them into the pipe and Im pretty sure some of the solution ran into the NRV and the 3  way valve. Wrong info lesson learn, but need to change the NRV and look inside the 3 way valve.  ????

20210502_125523.jpg

2 hours ago, carlyai said:

Have you ever pulled to pieces this 3 way valve? I've ordered another one to replace this one and hopefully I can undo the screws and it wont sail into a million pieces.

I am pretty sure its my fault that the 3 way valve and flapper NRV are sticking as they are American fittings and just a bit bigger than the Thai 1.5" pipe. So I was advised to epoxy them into the pipe and Im pretty sure some of the solution ran into the NRV and the 3  way valve. Wrong info lesson learn, but need to change the NRV and look inside the 3 way valve.  ????

20210502_125523.jpg

Most probally grit in the little MPV valve. 

Not many componets. Pull it apart! Easy to clean!

Don't buy a new one!

Cheers

• Thanks 1

On 5/2/2021 at 7:09 AM, carlyai said:

20210502_125523.jpg

Epoxy, eh! Good chance there's some in there if you did it vertical-like... one needs an interference fit (solvent-'proper' glue) as best practice of course. But pull it apart, it's just a swivelly diverter thingy amid a few o rings and top o ring. Horrible though... can't beat a straightforward ball valve-manifold setup. ????

On the check valve, for sure flappy is the way to go on lp system.

Edited by daveAustin
  • Like 1

On 5/2/2021 at 3:12 PM, Bagwain said:

Most probally grit in the little MPV valve. 

Not many componets. Pull it apart! Easy to clean!

Don't buy a new one!

Cheers

By the way I have pulled apart dozens of these Plus many many swimming pool MPV's. 

I pulled the 3 way valve to pieces and there was a small epoxy leak from 1 port. Removed that, cleaned it up, smeared with some silicon grease and now works like a bought one. At the same time I removed the inards from a brass spring return valve which really shouldn't have been there with such a delicate flow from my 45 W pump.

Easily getting 2000 L/H now.

Main flow problem was my original pump was not working properly. Had a bit of abuse during commissioning.  ????

https://www.amazon.com/1-5-Quiet-Union-Check-Valve/dp/B0078RQ9T4/ref=sr_1_18?dchild=1&keywords=quiet%2Bnon%2Breturn%2Bvalve&qid=1620553696&sr=8-18&th=1&psc=1

Amazon shows that exact one.  Not cheap.  About $50 USD total including shipping to Thailand. 

Lazada shows several different valves but I don't think they carry the exact same one.  Try going to Lazada and using the search term PVC check valve.  You will get several there.  Perhaps one of them will be a good alternative for you. 

• Like 1