20 years of building healthier communities in Thailand

webfact

dr-supreda-adulyanon---nelson-mandela-award-2021.jpg
Dr Supreda Adulyanon, CEO of ThaiHealth, in front of an information board about ThaiHealth receiving the Nelson Mandela Award for Health Promotion 2021. Location: ThaiHealth Center, Bangkok, Thailand / Picture Credit: Thai Health Promotion Foundation.

This week at the World Health Assembly, WHO’s annual high-level decision-making event, innovative and successful health initiatives from around the world were recognized for their outstanding contributions to public health.

The 2021 Nelson Mandela Award for Health Promotion (awarded by the South Africa Mandela Foundation) was presented to the Thai Health Promotion Foundation (ThaiHealth) for its achievements in improving the health of every Thai citizen.

ThaiHealth, dedicated to the promotion of healthy lifestyles among people from all age groups, joins a distinguished line of recipients from well-known scientists and researchers to dedicated individuals and organizations who have contributed to advancing public health over the years.

Full story: https://www.who.int/news-room/feature-stories/detail/20-years-of-building-healthier-communities-in-thailand

who.jpg

-- © Copyright World Health Organization 2021-05-29

Really....?

39 minutes ago, webfact said:

ThaiHealth) for its achievements in improving the health of every Thai citizen.

I'd like to know how this "improvement" was measured.

From the linked article above:

"ThaiHealth has a broad mandate but its main focuses are alcohol control, tobacco control, road safety"

????

Edited by faraday
  • Like 2

The more I hear about WHO the less I trust them. They love patting each other on the back, and spend vast amounts on bureaucracy that doesn't help the needy.

After their last reports regarding whether or not the virus was man-made in China, I don't trust them at all. They seem to be either afraid or bought by China.

Glad that US President Biden and other Governments are starting their own fact-finding research to unveil the truth.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, rasmus5150 said:

The more I hear about WHO the less I trust them. They love patting each other on the back, and spend vast amounts on bureaucracy that doesn't help the needy.

After their last reports regarding whether or not the virus was man-made in China, I don't trust them at all. They seem to be either afraid or bought by China.

Glad that US President Biden and other Governments are starting their own fact-finding research to unveil the truth.

I thought the OP was regarding Thai public health not China bashing?  How come you missed bad mouthing Sinovac? 

I wonder if you have actually read (or comprehend) your own footnote?

• Like 1