My Experience Trying To Register For The Moderna Vaccine

swm59nj

I have been told by the two major private hospitals in Bangkok I deal with about Moderna.  I can register with them and I only need one for a booster.

I will not name the hospitals. 

Yesterday one of the hospitals sent me an SMS message about Moderna.  It was a long message written in Thai. Unfortunately I cant read Thai. And the Thai woman Im dating cannot explain well in English. I used my translator and it said registration would begin Monday and a link would be sent to me.

This hospital sends me everything else in English.  Im not comfortable using an online translator for this, because sometimes the wording isnt correct.  So I called them yesterday asking why an English version was not sent. They said they would contact their marketing department. This hospital has a lot of Western and Japanese patients also.

So this morning, still nothing in English.  I became concerned because Im thinking on Monday, the registration link will be in Thai only. So I called the hospital again. I was connected to Customer Service.  The person said she would contact the marketing department. I said that was already done.  I asked if I can come to the hospital in person on Monday to register.  She said I could, but there could be many people and that could delay my registration spot.

Then she said there was no promise marketing would send out an English version. At that point I became agitated.  I told her only sending out a version in Thai appeared to give Thai patients and Thai speakers the advantage.  And I found it odd that everything else the hospital sends is in English.

The other hospital is the one that I deal mostly with.  Its my main hospital.  You go on their website at 9am, and click on a link to confirm.  I was told s a patient Im actually registered because I requested it previously.  When I when on the sight today it said one hour wait time to connect. Then a few minutes later it said 57 minutes. It also said not to log off or I would lose my place. But a few minutes later it logged me off saying server error 503.  I called the hospital. They said try tomorrow at 9am. I did go on at 9am today when it opened up to confirm.

• Haha 1

I went on the Bumrungrad site yesterday morning and registered without difficulty although had to wait in about a ten-minute queue. 

Got the link to pay this morning, paid and received my confirmation immediately.  

(two shots, B3,300) 

Edited by Yellowtail
added text
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, swm59nj said:

The other hospital is the one that I deal mostly with.  Its my main hospital.  You go on their website at 9am, and click on a link to confirm.  I was told s a patient Im actually registered because I requested it previously.  When I when on the sight today it said one hour wait time to connect. Then a few minutes later it said 57 minutes. It also said not to log off or I would lose my place. But a few minutes later it logged me off saying server error 503.  I called the hospital. They said try tomorrow at 9am. I did go on at 9am today when it opened up to confirm.

This is Bumrungrad.

A few threads on this one. May be more of a pre-registration effort.

Maybe hope they honor their verbal commitment to you? Maybe send an email to ask if that commitment still stands?

Not sure what to say about the first hospital. Get a Thai to help yo register and pay.

And keep an eye out for other offers.

You must be one of the lucky ones.  Bumrungrad is my go to hospital. Unfortunately I didnt see the registration in the phone app I have. I was told yesterday to go on the websight which i did today on my laptop.  That is the one that told me one hour, then 57 minutes, then eventually logged me off. Then i tried again and it said tomorrow at 9am.

Just now, swm59nj said:

You must be one of the lucky ones. 

Uh? I did not get through, either yesterday or today. Tried both the app and the web.

I think the Bumrungrad website is a bit of an experiment, work in progress. I'm not relying on it/them.

1 minute ago, mtls2005 said:

Uh? I did not get through, either yesterday or today. Tried both the app and the web.

I think the Bumrungrad website is a bit of an experiment, work in progress. I'm not relying on it/them.

Yes I understood.  I was responding to Yellowtail's post.  I should have quoted it.

31 minutes ago, swm59nj said:

You must be one of the lucky ones.  Bumrungrad is my go to hospital. Unfortunately I didnt see the registration in the phone app I have. I was told yesterday to go on the websight which i did today on my laptop.  That is the one that told me one hour, then 57 minutes, then eventually logged me off. Then i tried again and it said tomorrow at 9am.

Aren't we all lucky?

Bumrungrad said they will served their doctor, staff and patient first, then foreigner over 60, the rest will be in line, they will sms you if there are vaccine for you, if you register with them, you will not be their first priority.

48 minutes ago, vinci said:

Bumrungrad said they will served their doctor, staff and patient first, then foreigner over 60, the rest will be in line, they will sms you if there are vaccine for you, if you register with them, you will not be their first priority.

Can you tell us how you found this info?

Are you saying they will proactively review their thousands of patient records to determine candidates, then contact them via SMS?

12 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Are you saying they will proactively review their thousands of patient records to determine candidates, then contact them via SMS?

I think what they are saying is that they will give priority to  their employees and existing client base first.

This is absurd(just my opinon):

Moderna coronavirus vaccines were sold out within minutes this week when Phayathai Hospital of Bangkok opened bookings on Shopee, Southeast Asia’s biggest e-commerce platform.

So the next round will be on Lazada?  TIT???

• Haha 1

I registered for Moderna on Jun 3rd thru Thonburi Healthcare Group (THG) but have been unable to pay. On July 1st i received a message that i could make a payment, but i had to set up my account to do it which took some time. Now when i try to make payment it says the system is now closed due to 'the full amount has been reached' (as per translation). I assume this means that i did not make payment fast enough and my registration has been cancelled in favor of someone else who has already paid. In an earlier post it was noted that payments could start from Jul 1st and continue thru months end allowing THG to tally quantities for pre-order: (https://aseannow.com/topic/1222043-moderna-at-private-hospitals-itll-cost-3400-baht-for-two-jabs-can-pay-from-thursday/). So it could be these quantities have already been reached. Has anyone else had this experience or have more info to offer? Regards.

10 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

i register with them before, wife call them up ask what's the hold up and that's what they told me, by patient it mean the patient currently staying with them right now

• 4 months later...

Just a quick update. I registered for the Moderna vaccine at Bumrungrad back in July without any difficulty.

Back in September I got the "free" Pfizer vax at MedPark

Fortunately, Bumrungrad allowed me to transfer my vaccine to my son, so he and my wife each got their first shots today!

To be clear,  except for the parking debacle, MedPark seemed much better organized...