"o" Marriage @ Kl - Current Requirements Needed

I'm heading to Kuala Lumpur to get a new Visa very soon.

I plan to switch from a "B" to an "O" as I was married on March 1.

What are the current requirements and documentation I need to bring with me?

I know I need to prove 40K Baht income when I go for an Extension of Stay in Bangkok, but I'm not clear on whether I need this for the initial 90 Day Visa issued in KL. Any feedback on this would be greatly appreciated.

I hope not, as the proof of this won't be available for a few more months, until we can establish the 3 month pre-extension period. I should have it before the 90 Day visa expires.

I have all my marriage registration certificates, signed copies of my wife's ID and Home Registration, 2,000 Baht, Photo, and Passport. Is there anything else I need?

The Great Visa Shuffle.

Here we go again.

CS

You should be fine with that documentation. If you feel timing may be tight you could ask if they would issue a multi entry. It would cost more but might be available. If you plan that I would take whatever financial information/work permit you have with you.

I was at Immigration in Bangkok yesterday. 5 HOURS waiting for my turn in the queue and spent less than 5 minutes with the clerk ... and they told me to come back with pictures of my house wih the address number visible on the exterior and all the rooms inside. I'm applying for the spousal exension to the O visa.

KL asked me for my ORIGINAL marriage cert. for a Non O multiple.

I took the 'kitchen sink' with me: :o

•My current passport and photocopy

•A photocopy of my wife’s Thai ID card and passport

•A photocopy & original of the House Registration Book

•A photocopy & original of our Marriage Certificate

•Photocopies & originals of our 2 Bank Account books

•A map of our residence in Bangkok

•An invitation letter in Thai from my wife

This might seem excessive, but how would you feel if they were to say "Yes, everything's in order. If we could just see........" ? BKK is a long way for a piece of paper!!!!! :D

Always best to have belt and braces :o

HOWEVER

Do NOT present anything that's not asked for, we don't want to give them ideas.

IIRC the official line is still:-

1. copy wifes PP
  2. copy wifes ID card
  3. copy wifes house book
  4. original marriage cert and copy
  5. copy your PP photo page
  6. completed form
  7. two photos
  8. fee

Make sure all the copies are signed and dated.

A Malaysian friend of mine ... got his Non O from KL

This is what he brought to the embassy

1) His Original Malaysian Passport

2) PhotoCopy Marriage Cert

3) 2 x photographs

And free no charge for a 1 year Visa Non O

Thats all

No 40k Baht income proof or Bank statement required.

Its easy the next day he collect his passport with a new Visa...Maybe this is a privilege for Malaysian

Edited by tytus

^^^

Bloody 'ell!! :o That sounds a good deal!! Must be an ASEAN reciprocal agreement.

Quite likely, although it may be a 'home country' thing, I got my first non-o from Cardiff with the same documentation (wasn't free though).

went to KL this past week. I got a one year O multi entry visa. Cost was 500 ringit. Copy of my passport picture page. copy of wifes ID, original and copy of marriage certificate. original and copy of tabian baan (house registration). I showed the lady past six months pay records but she was more interested in my BKK bank book which she wanted a copy of. Only had a balance of just over 100K BHT. Also passport picture.

Stayed at Crown princess Hotel which is within ten minutes walking. Taxi to hotel about 70 ringit. There is a Holiday Villa right accross the street form the Thai embassy. I don't know if it is a hotel or apartments though. It would be very convenient for a visa run. It is also a great landmark to help find the embassy.

Edited by Spacer

good to hear some news from KL.Last month I had to make a new multiple,instead of going to Kl,like usually I went to my home country.I got my multiple with just the marriage copy and ID's of both and some born papers of my child,2 minutes a stamped new.Because of the fast changing rules at the consulates and embassies around Thailand,I just felt like better to go to my home country,just to be sure.

Now I read you need to take the original papers also,which they did't ask for in the past,and also whay I understand show a bankbook???Also new.In Singapore they ask for 400k plus,I assume from what I read now they do not ask this in KL but just have some......I am happy I went 'HOME' last month ,because if not I probably weould have gone for nothing,which I allready felt in one way was a big posibility.

But anyway good to have the knowledge now that some things have changed,but not that many,maybe only a matter of time, like SING,would have to show 400k,or no visa........

For now I just only will go to KL again if the 400k is in the place,I will not risk the trip.I think India will be more interesting place to visit and to get a visa, more easy to get,shifting places .

• 2 weeks later...

OK ... I went back to Immigration in BKK today with the pictures of the house and got asked some minor background like questions.

They took the original letter from the Embassy certifying my monthly income but didn't take the copies of my bankbook.

I was told to come back early next month for the final extension for the rest of the year for the spousal visa.

Also, they didn't take the copy of the Health certificate either.

Your list plus the letter from the Embassy certifying monthly income for the spousal "O" visa ... and the pictures is what did it for me in BKK.

Always best to have belt and braces :o

HOWEVER

Do NOT present anything that's not asked for, we don't want to give them ideas.

IIRC the official line is still:-

1. copy wifes PP
  2. copy wifes ID card
  3. copy wifes house book
  4. original marriage cert and copy
  5. copy your PP photo page
  6. completed form
  7. two photos
  8. fee

Make sure all the copies are signed and dated.