Life Certificate for Swiss state pension as a German national

moogradod

I have a German passport living in Pattaya. I get a state pension from Switzerland (NOT Germany) and they want a yearly life certificate as proof that I still exist. There must be hundreds if not thousands out there needing the same.

My I ask you: What (and especially where) is the easiest way to get such a certificate in these troubled times. I understand they will send me a form which seems to be extremely easy in content (did not get it yet) but the requirement is that an official agency (Embassy ? Immigration ? etc. ?) must sign and stamp the form. An official lawyer will not be accepted. Now I do not want to travel to the embassy of Germany in Bangkok with Covid lurking and without vaccination. Still have some time but better plan ahead.

Thanks a lot for any good proven ideas.

So I assume you speak German.

This is the site that explains the need:

https://www.zas.admin.ch/zas/de/home/particuliers/obligation-d-informer-pour-les-rentiers/controle-de-l-exitence-en-vie-.html

This is the link to the form as PDF.

Really simple, download to read:

https://www.zas.admin.ch/dam/zas/de/dokumente/Particuliers/EDCervieD2.pdf.download.pdf/EDCervieD2.pdf

I bet you have to contact the Swiss embassy to learn which offices are entitled to sign/stamp the certificate.

I know that there is an English/Thai bilingual form "LIFE, MARITAL, STATUS AND RESIDENCE CERTIFICATE".

(if I find the link I will post it)

I would be surprised if there is no way to get this signed/stamped at a Thai government office (district office, police or the like).

Unfortunately no Swiss consulate in Pattaya, just Germany/Austria.

Well, you could try the German consul (Mr. Hofer)?

(if Swiss offices accept his signature)

For German offices he has to do it for free. You will surely have to pay for.

I better don't comment about his treatment of "customers".

Keep quiet, don't argue.

• Thanks 1

I just got mine 2 days ago  by the Thai Police station on Beach road Pattaya . 

I always put the full filled in document (which my country pension service send me yearly)... in a envelope (not a brown one ????....but a white one  LOL 555...) So the officer (just the desk after the reception one  ) has to check , stamp and date it ,also accompanied with my passport .

In the envelop i put 300 baht  by myself showing all that discrete at the one at reception who direct further , i had no waiting time , just straight be helped ,

Second year i do so after Immigration stopped that service .

Edited by david555
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, david555 said:

My document will be most probably in German. Would that be acceptable for them or just change other things a bit ? I suppose yours was in English.

2 minutes ago, david555 said:

A German mate tells me similar for 2019 and before.

In 2020 and 2021 German pension office does not require official stamp/signature. Just sign on your own and off to the post office. So I came around that.

(I am Swiss receiving German pension. Unlucky ????)

Just now, moogradod said:

My document will be most probably in German. Would that be acceptable for them or just change other things a bit ? I suppose yours was in English.

I am a Belgium ,and our gov. put the document to fill in in Dutch (Flemish) and English 

5 minutes ago, moogradod said:

As Swiss office is OK with downloaded form (not personalized), you should download the English version from the site above:

https://www.zas.admin.ch/zas/en/home/particuliers/obligation-d-informer-pour-les-rentiers/controle-de-l-exitence-en-vie-.html

Edited by KhunBENQ

6 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

So I assume you speak German.

This is the site that explains the need:

https://www.zas.admin.ch/zas/de/home/particuliers/obligation-d-informer-pour-les-rentiers/controle-de-l-exitence-en-vie-.html

This is the link to the form as PDF.

Really simple, download to read:

https://www.zas.admin.ch/dam/zas/de/dokumente/Particuliers/EDCervieD2.pdf.download.pdf/EDCervieD2.pdf

I bet you have to contact the Swiss embassy to learn which offices are entitled to sign/stamp the certificate.

I know that there is an English/Thai bilingual form "LIFE, MARITAL, STATUS AND RESIDENCE CERTIFICATE".

(if I find the link I will post it)

I would be surprised if there is no way to get this signed/stamped at a Thai government office (district office, police or the like).

Unfortunately no Swiss consulate in Pattaya, just Germany/Austria.

Well, you could try the German consul (Mr. Hofer)?

(if Swiss offices accept his signature)

For German offices he has to do it for free. You will surely have to pay for.

I better don't comment about his treatment of "customers".

Keep quiet, don't argue.

The Swiss embassy would not help I believe. I am German and have moved out of Switzerland. No problem to pay for it. Could you PM me if any additional comment is needed as a preparation ?. My very first objective is to get it without ANY hassle - and then I would even drive to Bangkok if need be.

SORRY I did not read your post well enough !! If there is an English/Thai Version of it this would be fine - but they said they will send me something by postal service and maybe they would need this back . Its the first time so I do not know. Anyway thanks a lot !!! Then I could maybe try the Beach Road route ??

Just now, KhunBENQ said:

In 2020 and 2021 German pension office does not require official stamp/signature. Just sign on your own and off to the post office. So I came around that.

No our Gov  bureaucrats  like stamps and seal's , they don't like to pay dead people they claim ....555, and also i have to sign a part that says i agree to pay back swift if any would be paid to me while not entitled ,( example too much received or so...) .

I may not complain on them ,as just this year they gave us 3 times a raise for different things , we are never frozen , no need to cheat on them , our pension is paid all over the world  ????

Where did you get the information about authorized offices?

https://www.eda.admin.ch/countries/thailand/en/home/services/attestations-certificates/lebensbescheinigung.html

In Thailand, the life certificate may be certified by the following authorities:

• Embassy of Switzerland in Bangkok
  • Swiss Honorary Consulate in Chiang Mai
  • Swiss Honorary Consulate in Phuket
  • Khet / Amphoe
  • Immigration Police
  • Licensed Lawyer  

8 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

I am German receiving Swiss pension ???????? And they (Swiss) require a stamp and signature.

2 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

From the State Pension Office (AHV) themselves - on the phone. OK, I will sort that out and send them a nice email using your link above. Thanks.

Just now, moogradod said:

From the State Pension Office (AHV) themselves - on the phone. OK, I will sort that out and send them a nice email using your link above. Thanks.

Don't do THEY send you a blanc form to get filled in by any Thai authority by themselves ?

4 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Give it try because it is for the Swiss pension office?

I can imagine I will - they are friendly as can be. Or the Beach Road Route - although Police Stations are not on the list - but I got the idea now - one of the possibilities will work nicely.

As you are in Pattaya take the form in German language to Konsul Hofer (at Thai Garden Resort, North Pattaya rd).

Be prepared for the worst and maybe pleasantly surprised, who knows.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, KhunBENQ said:

As you are in Pattaya take the form in German language to Konsul Hofer (at Thai Garden Resort, North Pattaya rd).

Be prepared for the worst and maybe pleasantly surprised, who knows.

Seems to be the easiest version but with that expectation I would rather drive to Bangkok, Swiss Embassy first and then German Embassy if need be. And thanks for warning me. However I will as well have to wait until they (Swiss Pension) write me (they like the postal service). I will respond to them via DHL (I have the very best experience doing that). But I could as well leave out one payment - they will not immediately stop to pay - only postpone and I am not dependend on these payments.

5 minutes ago, moogradod said:

Seems to be the easiest version but with that expectation

Don't want to shy you away. He is just not a jovial character.

If he does not do it he can also tell you whether or not the German embassy will do.

And with the embassy visits: check out whether they insist on making an appointment at these times.

Edited by KhunBENQ

13 minutes ago, david555 said:

Don't do THEY send you a blanc form to get filled in by any Thai authority by themselves ?

I dont know. I will see what they send me. Its my first time. Guess I will have to fill their blanc form out (really extremely simple, see examples above) and someone just puts a stamp and a signature on it. And I was advised on the phone before (I asked already) that this cannot be a "private" company (such as a lawyer). Hmmmmm...... Unclear information seems not only be confined to vaccinations....... And this one here seems even be one of the most easy things. I have to think of my marriage and the preparations for it (married in Switzerland with my Thai Wife)..... that was not so easy.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, moogradod said:

I will respond to them via DHL (I have the very best experience doing that).

Maybe safer. My registered letter to Germany took 12 days to recipient postbox.

A letter to me from Germany shows no movement since July 5, day 18!

11 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Don't want to shy you away. He is just not a jovial character.

If he does not do it he can also tell you whether or not the German embassy will do.

And with the embassy visits: check out whether they insist on making an appointment at these times.

Too late. Most probably I will never get to know the guy. The thing is as well that I never registered with them - I am not even sure if I needed to until a new passport was due. So I like to avoid any nasty discussions. Last time I lived in Germany is more than 53 years ago. I will call the Swiss and German embassies before I will go there.

18 hours ago, swissie said:

Lucky dog you! Most Germans would envy you for that.????

Yes, I consider myself lucky but after all I have worked long and hard for it, too. But I hope anybody else is content with what they have, too. .....and you did not see my company pension yet ???? Yes, there is a huge difference even between Switzerland and Germany. But now think about Thailand ...... Makes me think many times a lot.