Vaxed in KL, returning to UK, any problems ?

Depends what you mean by recognised. Yes they will recognise them but it won't give him a free pass re home quarantine etc.

Malaysia being Amber (so far) means:

Before you travel to England you must

• take a COVID-19 test – children aged 10 and under do not need to take this test
  • book and pay for day 2 and day 8 COVID-19 tests – to be taken after arrival in England
  • complete a passenger locator form

On arrival in England you must

• quarantine at home or in the place you are staying for 10 days
  • take a COVID-19 test on or before day 2 and on or after day 8

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/red-amber-and-green-list-rules-for-entering-england#amber-list-rules-if-you-are-not-fully-uk-vaccinated

On 7/25/2021 at 7:14 PM, talisman01 said:

Many thanks for the info and link. It was just that my friend thought that vaccines taken outside of the UK might not be recognised on re-entry.

As said it is a question of what you mean by recognition. From the rhetoric I have seen from ministers is that there is a problem with the border force in being able to verify vaccination in other countries so at the moment any reduced requirements on the basis of being fully vaccinated only applies to the NHS program. No doubt that that will extend to other countries down the line but unlikely to be any time soon for this part of the world.

I have read the Public Health England document on vaccination and that addresses vaccination abroad. When your friend arrives in the UK he should see a GP and have the vaccination recorded on his NHS record and he will then be able to use the NHS app as others in England. Not sure about the rules for the other nations.

I have a similar problem, going to the UK in a couple of weeks but only had one jab here and looking to get the second there when I arrive.

• Like 1

Get the Pfeizer.

The UK was the first country to approve the Pfeizer BionTech vaccine.  He'll need proof and have the jabs completed at least three weeks before entering to avoid costly quarantine.

I arrived back in the UK recently. No one asked about the vaccine. All they where interested in was the Passenger Locator Form. Had to do 10 days self isolation.

The day I arrived was day 0

Received two tests on day 2 (2 day, 8 day)

They phoned me everyday during office hours

Got the first vaccine on day 11. From entering the clinic. the entire process took less than 5 minutes

22 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

Get the Pfeizer.

The UK was the first country to approve the Pfeizer BionTech vaccine.  He'll need proof and have the jabs completed at least three weeks before entering to avoid costly quarantine.

You are misinformed, currently the quarantine exemption only applies to vaccinations done under the NHS. From Aug 2nd the exemption will also apply to those vaccinated in the EU and US. People from KL will still have to quarantine irrespective of vaccination.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, grumbleweed said:

I arrived back in the UK recently. No one asked about the vaccine. All they where interested in was the Passenger Locator Form. Had to do 10 days self isolation.

The day I arrived was day 0

Received two tests on day 2 (2 day, 8 day)

They phoned me everyday during office hours

Got the first vaccine on day 11. From entering the clinic. the entire process took less than 5 minutes

Didn't you consider Test to Release? I am going back shortly and looking at that. You have to take a test Day 5 and if OK can leave quarantine, should reduce the self isolation to about 7 days.

Probably not worth it if you can self isolate FOC but I will be in a hotel.

2 hours ago, sandyf said:

You are misinformed, currently the quarantine exemption only applies to vaccinations done under the NHS. From Aug 2nd the exemption will also apply to those vaccinated in the EU and US. People from KL will still have to quarantine irrespective of vaccination.

Interesting.

I wonder if thats because Indonesia and most of South East Asia is a hot spot for the Delta variant.

Thanks for the information.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sandyf said:

Didn't you consider Test to Release? I am going back shortly and looking at that. You have to take a test Day 5 and if OK can leave quarantine, should reduce the self isolation to about 7 days.

Probably not worth it if you can self isolate FOC but I will be in a hotel.

I self isolated at my daughter's home., so didn't think it worth the extra. Although they should've given me that for free considering my son-in-law is a Leeds United supporter. Surviving 10 days with one of those us certainly no easy task

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

Interesting.

I wonder if thats because Indonesia and most of South East Asia is a hot spot for the Delta variant.

Thanks for the information.

I think it is more to do with the ability of the border force to verify the vaccination.

• Like 1