diet by Iherb or herb life ?

1FinickyOne

whatever the name? I herbal maybe... 

Has anyone tried this diet - they want me to drink a shake in the morning, lunch up to me - then maybe dinner shake? 

What was the downside if you tried it? They want me to do a 10 day trial? 

I did well with keto but it had me unbearably bound up... 

18 minutes ago, BigStar said:

Hmm. Bran?

I wish!!!!!

The problem with a slow digestive system is that the bran or fibre of any description moves through so slowly that it actually bungs the system up! Sounds strange, but it is true and no matter how much water I drink try and "alleviate" the problem it doesn't seem to work.

I even got down to making American-style pancakes (with fresh fruit and maple syrup – yum) and adding several large spoonfuls of oat bran or ground flaxseed, but to no avail.

Prune juice seems to sort me out, but is inclined to do so with a vengeance, if you see what I mean.

21 minutes ago, xylophone said:

Prune juice seems to sort me out

This has always done the trick for me, but it is not on a keto diet... though recently 2 glasses has done little to help.. I might have to go to a full bottle... maybe they are watering it down... or is it just that I am getting old? 

29 minutes ago, xylophone said:

Prune juice seems to sort me out, but is inclined to do so with a vengeance, if you see what I mean.

How about the judicious ingestion of dried prunes? Can get 1 kg at Makro.

I remember once I gave a few dried prunes to my gf to sort her out one time. They did. But then she loved the taste so much that the next day she ate the whole bag (typical small bag). Now that was a good laugh. Lesson learned.

Edited by BigStar

Just now, BigStar said:

How about the judicious ingestion of dried prunes? Can get 1 kg at Makro.

I remember once I gave a few dried prunes to my gf to sort her out one time. They did. But then she loved the taste so much that the next day she ate the whole bag (small bag). Now that was a good laugh. Lesson learned.

Thanks, and still experimenting with the right amount of prune juice to take, because if I can get it just right, it should do the trick.

I did buy a small container of prunes, and am not overly keen on them, nor the juice for that matter, but at least the juice goes down in one swig, so is over and done with in a matter of seconds.

And an interesting fact is that it's not the fibre in prunes which do the trick, it's the sorbitol (sugar alcohol) which draws in water to the digestive system to help things progress!

Anyway I'm sure posters here are not really interested in how I endeavor to sort out my lazy bowel problem, but thanks for your help all the same.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

This has always done the trick for me, but it is not on a keto diet... though recently 2 glasses has done little to help.. I might have to go to a full bottle... maybe they are watering it down... or is it just that I am getting old? 

Sunsweet is the brand to get..........and if I took 2 glasses then I would equal Jeff Bezos time to get into space!!

• Like 1