Cost new pool grouting in Pattaya area

peterrabbit

The pool is now 6 years old and in need of new grouting before the tiles start falling off.

Its 7m long by 3.5m wide by 1.75m deep and has 10cm tiles. Approximately 63 square meters of tiles.

What sort of ballpark price in Pattaya would you think is reasonable at present for new grouting?

Thanks for your sensible answers.

I am about to start regrouting ( well not me actually)

My pool is 9 years old.  It is 6m x3m x 1.5m with 10cm square tiles.   Very similar to yours

Quoted Crocodile Premium or Weber grout. 

Google for details

Cocodile  in 20kg tubs (or powder form) at about B3000 per tub or B300 per packet

Either 2 or 3 tubs required.  Quoted B10,000

Is this sensible enough ?  Good luck

PS. This is for the grout only, not the ancilliaries

Edited by prk888
omitted a fact
  • Thanks 1

It would depend on the full scope of the work to be done... for example will you pay them to refill the pool, that is a substantial cost, and in my case I went elsewhere for that service. My pool sounds a similar size but smaller tiles......and this is from a little over 2 years ago with Home and Pool

I deducted some other works (new LED lights)  and it was about 55,000 baht including cleaning up the surrounding sandwash but not pool refill or VAT, but water treatment was included.  Beware these guys, they will damage a lot of stuff if you don't watch them,  so you may need to be proactive. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Thanks 1

Just had a quote from the guy who built the pool and does the servicing (from Rayong):-

Re-grout, clean the surrounding concrete sand grit surface, fit sandstone tops on the steps (approx 5sqm) replace the filter grit and also includes the next 12 months service charge (18k), refill water etc all inclusive.

Total job 60k - starts Monday it will take a week as the grout has to be left to dry properly.

Can't complain at that. ????

6 minutes ago, peterrabbit said:

Can't complain at that.

Pretty good.....I had LED lights fitted too while it was being done.... old style before. Both work on 12vac so no wiring to be done . Also make sure he will cover any tiles that get broken... and hence will need a stock of same.