Settlement Visa Questions

Hello all,

I will be getting married to my TGF of 1 year in BKK in july and applying for a settlement visa to the UK, I will be traveling on a visa on arrival 30 days will that cause me any problems with the marriage or visa application and secondly I plan on staying 28 days, Will that be enough time to process her Settlement Visa application assuming its sucessfull.

Many Thanks

There are no problems associated with marrying in Thailand whilst on a 30-day entry stamp, so there's no need to worry about that.

With regard to the visa application, whether 28 days is sufficient time will depend upon whether the embassy wishes to interview your wife. If not, she should have a decision upon her application within a week of it having been made. However, if they wish to interview her, the current waiting time in my experience is about six-seven weeks.

It will take three days to get the marriage paperwork sorted and your wife will then need to undergo a TB test before the visa application can even be lodged. In the interests of saving a day or two, she may want to have the TB test now. The pass certifcates are valid for 6 months.

Scouse.

The honest answer is I really don't know. The interview queue has lengthened dramatically over the course of the last couple of months, so either more applicants are being interviewed, or the embassy has less ECOs. At one stage is was at about 2 weeks and it's now 6-7.

Scouse.