Q: requirements for my 1st extension of stay based on non Immigrant O-A

Hello all together,

I got a non immigrant O-A visa and need an extension of stay in some time (December).

I am not married (yet) and have a medical insurance from a european company, that was good for the visa application and is valid until April 2023, contract and certificate in englisch.

My bank account is above 400k continusely since some time transferred from aboad, but not above 800k yet.

What requirements do I have to bring for the extension of stay at the immigration (in Lampang)?

Do I need a local health insurance?

And I need the option to leave Thailand and return again. What do I have to do to recieve that permission too?

Thanks for your help and answer

Uwe

Alternatively - just pay 20k to one of the visa agencies who have a special relationship with the immigration department and you won't need to worry about the bank balance or the insurance   at all.  It's perfectly legal in all respects because everything is in the discretion of the senior immigration officer..

Oh - and it's about 4K for a multi-entry stamp beside the visa. - Simple.

Edited by PeeJayEm
Forgot last

6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

If you were able to leave and re-enter prior to you OA visa expires you would get a new one year entry if you have one year of medical coverage.

I have left already once and returned before expiry. I intend to leave after expiry date of the O-A visa once again and return some time later. Hopefully based on an extension of stay that allows me to do this - but I don't know, if that is possible.

Or do I have to apply for a new visa in that situation?

Leaving and returning the country on a valid visa requires you to get a re-entry permit. Do this after you renewed your visa, requires an additional form, and you can do a single re-entry during visa validity for 1000 Baht or multiple re-entries for 3800 Baht.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, bikestorm said:

Hopefully based on an extension of stay that allows me to do this - but I don't know, if that is possible.

Or do I have to apply for a new visa in that situation?

You need a re-entry permit to keep the remainder of your extension of stay valid when you enter the country.

No need for a new visa.

• Like 1