Tourist Visa Extension... Patong or Phuket Town Immigration?

Hi All

Does anybody know which is the better Immigration office to go to?

I've been to both some years ago and Patong is the smaller of the two, my thoughts are volume of people and wanting to get my first extension, hoping it will be a 60 days covid rather than a 30 days extension.

Taking pport, photocopy of main page, signed and photocopy of visa page including TM6 departure card, a pport sized photo!

What form is required guys? As I'll dload and fill in to take rather than doing there.

that's everything I require and do you know the cost?

Thanks guys!!

On 9/18/2021 at 9:25 AM, aluc said:

Covid extensions they issue only at Phuket Town immigration office.

30 day tourist visa extension you can get in Phuket Town, Patong or Cherngtalay offices.

I got the Covid 60 day extension yesterday, but instead of it being just that, I got a 14 day stamp and informed to return in 2 weeks to get a further 45 day stamp! Do you know if that's standard procedure as just seems to be a immigration bottle neck, no? Considering the volume of people and queues they have there it doesn't quite make sense, logically.

3 hours ago, truthfix said:

I got the Covid 60 day extension yesterday, but instead of it being just that, I got a 14 day stamp and informed to return in 2 weeks to get a further 45 day stamp! Do you know if that's standard procedure as just seems to be a immigration bottle neck, no? Considering the volume of people and queues they have there it doesn't quite make sense, logically.

You got a under consideration stamp with a report back date 14 days later. The extension has to approved at the division level of immigration.

When you return you will get the 60 day extension stamp.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

You got a under consideration stamp with a report back date 14 days later. The extension has to approved at the division level of immigration.

When you return you will get the 60 day extension stamp.

I was informed that I will definitely get the 60 days extension, am I though to assume that this is a mere formality?