Quarantine Ending for 5 Countries Not 10.

KhaoYai

According to a major English Language Bangkok newspaper the CCSA has confirmed that Thailand will 're-open' from 1 November but only for a trial period and for people from 5 countries rather than the previously stated 10.  No further details reported as yet.

The trial will begin on 1 November and last until 31 December (phew, I arrive on 29 December) and will be open to people from The UK, the US, Germany, Singapore and China.

Edited by KhaoYai
  • Haha 2

The article is dated from 14:40 (2:40 PM).

Another article in Thai from dailynews is dated 17:16 (5:16 PM) and tells a complete different story of up to 38 countries being considered.

This Bangkok newspaper has published some significant misinformation in the past.

I suggest to sleep over it and I won't take a bet on it.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

What's the betting COE and insurance will still be required?

In the forum news thread it has already been described that the CoE will be replaced by a web based procedure.

Insurance? Bet yes.

Is it worth to run another thread on that?

there would be simplified COE done online on thailandpass.co.th (not working yet).

As I am planning many short international travels and my 1 year extension starts in november, I will get 1 year covid insurance for 15k. When travelling chances of getting positive test are high, even if vaccinated. It can happen even on departure from thailand. Hospitals and clinics will, most likely, put you in, including hospitel

12 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Another article in Thai from dailynews is dated 17:16 (5:16 PM) and tells a complete different story of up to 38 countries being considered.

This Bangkok newspaper has published some significant misinformation in the past.

I expect this is just the start of it - there will no doubt be several different versions - both official and otherwise.  Although I didn't say as much, that was my point really.  Then we also have the possibility of different Thai embassies imposing their own version.  The Thai Embassy in London states that airlines are making specific requests regarding PCR tests for example - the airlines say its the Thai Embassy ????