Can a cancelled work permit be converted into a Covid extension?

Apologies in advance if I use the incorrect terminology.

I currently have a work permit which allows me to work for another 12 months, but it doesn't look like I'm going to get the visa extension to go with it for various reasons. 

I am just trying to be smart and planning ahead if something less than ideal were to happen. The current visa from last years work permit ends this month.

If my normal 12 month extension is not given, I believe the normal requirement is to leave Thailand within 7 days (you apply for an extension and get rejected).

Would it be possible to somehow "convert" this into a covid extension, so I can stay for an additional few months, or will I definitely have to leave within the 7 days?

Thanks a lot!

Edited by kishnanakishna

Your work permit would not be converted to anything.

If your job ends and you have a termination letter to cancel your current extension of stay (it is not a visa) you can apply for a 60 day covid 19 extension when it is canceled on the same day.

Thanks a lot, Joe. You are a hero on these forums.

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

Your work permit would not be converted to anything.

If your job ends and you have a termination letter to cancel your current extension of stay (it is not a visa) you can apply for a 60 day covid 19 extension when it is canceled on the same day.

Would this be given to me by immigration? Or something the company have to do? Sorry for the questions. 

Currently I have the 30 days 'under consideration' stamp.

The company still want to keep me as an employee, but this year appears more difficult than others for that to happen, so I'm trying to plan ahead in the event they can not continue to employ me. 

26 minutes ago, kishnanakishna said:

Would this be given to me by immigration? Or something the company have to do? Sorry for the questions. 

Your employer would give you the termination letter dated for the last day you will be working.

I am not sure how long the 60 day covid 19 extension will be issued. At this time the order for them ends on the 27th of November. I think it will be extended again for 2 months but not sure.