Hearing Test and Audiogram in Pattaya - Does anyone have any recommendations.

Longwood50

I wear hearing aids and need an updated hearing test with an audiogram to have my hearing aids programmed.  Does anyone know of a hearing clinic or hospital with the sound room to test the hearing.  Also, I have Phonak hearing aids.  They need to be programmed.  Does anyone know of a service that can program Phonak hearing aids.  Yes there is Eartone in Bangkok.  Lets just say after my experience with getting a quote before driving to Bangkok and then having it first doubled to 8,000 baht and then when connecting to the machine to actually program they said it would be doubled again to 16,000 baht.  I retrieved my hearing aids and left and believe that it is best to chooses a different provider. 

Edited by Longwood50

I just had the same  financial experience with Eartone, new circuit board on a Hearing aid bought from them  14 months ago 9000B

When i have  Ear problems i go to see the Professor  at Bangkok Pattaya Hospital she travels from Bangkok twice weekly , or used to do.. she seems, in my experience the only one who knows what she's talking about............The ENT department  there have an Audiologist  and all the testing gear needed .... i know they also get visits from hearing aid  suppliers from Bangkok ..the clinics around the town   are staffed by  what they call Techincians...... i would 'nt trust them with a hearing test

1 minute ago, actonion said:

I just had the same  financial experience with Eartone, new circuit board on a Hearing aid bought from them  14 months ago 9000B

Well you have it better than me.  I had an set about 5 years old.  Rechargeable.  I called to ask about replacing the battery.  They said they could not estimate without sending the hearing aid in for inspection.  I gave them the model number.  They said no still must send and 2,000 baht to look.  I mailed the 1 hearing aid to them, and they said over 32,000 baht to replace battery in just one because that model has battery and circuit together.  They knew the model number before I ever mailed it in.  Cost me 2,000 baht to get it returned.  Now I am looking to have as a spare and sent to the USA where technician said most of those models can replace only the battery and cost would be $180 USD or about 6,000 baht.  

Looks like I'm in the same boat:  I'm equally not pleased with some of the responses I've gotten to queries about pricing on my Paradise rechargeables.  Unfortunately, I'm in Udon and there isn't another option, that I know of, other than Eartone.

1 hour ago, kokesaat said:

Looks like I'm in the same boat:  I'm equally not pleased with some of the responses I've gotten to queries about pricing on my Paradise rechargeables.

Are you looking to program them or have service done on them?  I shipped one of my audio Q back to the USA.  The shop that I sent it to said in most cases a replacement battery would be $180 USD.  That is a touch lower than the 32,000 baht I was quoted by Eartone.