Using Embassy Income letter Khon Kaen Immigration.

Like a lot of people my extension of stay based on retirement expired when out of the country and unable to return to Thailand due to Covid. For previous extensions I have always used the 800k fixed deposit at Khon Kaen Immigration. I returned last month with a new  Non O obtained from London. For my upcoming extension of stay next month I was thinking of using the Embassy verification of income letter. Can anbody tell me if I still need to produce Bank letters/statements ect. as well as the Embassy income letter at KKI? Or is the Income Verification letter plus usual photocopies enough?  Thanks in advance.

If you will be using a new non-o visa for your application you should not need to show you kept the 800/400k baht in the bank for the previous year since your are starting all over again.

You certainly would not need to show the 800k baht in the bank for 2 months when using proof of income from your embassy or have a letter form the bank.

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

If you will be using a new non-o visa for your application you should not need to show you kept the 800/400k baht in the bank for the previous year since your are starting all over again.

You certainly would not need to show the 800k baht in the bank for 2 months when using proof of income from your embassy or have a letter form the bank.

Thanks for the reply, that's exactly what i wanted to know!

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, fredflint said:

I will be using the Irish Embassy in Bangkok, which still provides the income verification letter. 

I can only reply based on my experience as a Belgian : if you can use the 800.000 / 400.000 deposit then you do not need to go to your embassy and only get a letter from the bank (with photocopy from the updated bank book). The Belgian Embassy does not certify income but legalises my signature on an affidavit in which I declare my income and then I would need a bank statement confirming by monthly transfers.   If the Irish Embassy can certify your monthly income then you could also use their letter but it has be translated in Thai and legalised at the Consular Department of the Thai Foreign Ministry

If the Irish Embassy can certify your monthly income then you could also use their letter but it has be translated in Thai and legalised at the Consular Department of the Thai Foreign Ministry

I was under the impression I just needed the verification letter from the embassy. I wasn't aware it needed to be translated and legalised. Hardly worth the effort if thats the case.

52 minutes ago, fredflint said:

I was under the impression I just needed the verification letter from the embassy. I wasn't aware it needed to be translated and legalised. Hardly worth the effort if thats the case.

A translation is only needed if it is not in English.

A few odd offices wante the consular officers signature on the letter or affidavit certified by the the Department of Consular Affairs of the MFA. Khon Kaen has never asked for it as far as I know.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

A few odd offices wante the consular officers signature on the letter or affidavit certified by the the Department of Consular Affairs of the MFA. Khon Kaen has never asked for it as far as I know.

That's great, once again your help is much appreciated. 

22 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

A few odd offices wanted the consular officers signature on the letter or affidavit certified by the the Department of Consular Affairs of the MFA. Khon Kaen has never asked for it as far as I know.

Sorry but I/O in Pathum Thani is more difficult ( I am staying in Thailand based on a Non Imm O visa with yearly extensions)

Until 6 or 5 years ago they accepted my Affidavit about monthly pension in English.

Then they required during 2 years legalization of the signature on my Affidavit by the Belgian Embassy (indeed my Embassy does not confirm that my income declaration is correct and they can only confirm that it is my signature). 

A few years ago I/O required also a Thai translation of my Affidavit including the legalization by the Embassy.

Next step was to go to the Consular Office of the Foreign Ministry at Chaengwattana and get from them a Thai legalization of the Belgian legalization.

For this reason I have switched to the other solution i.e. money in the bank 2 months before applying for an extension.