Few questions

Trying to figure out the best way to do this. There will be 2 of us going to thailand together one in chinese national and one is canadian.

1. If we apply for the evisa - after approval but before applying for thai pass is it allowed to change flights/dates/hotels? from my understanding the visas put the flight number on it thats why im asking... Originally we were going to depart from each other home country but instead would prefer to depart from a 3rd country 

2. if instead we came visa free the chinese is only eligable for 15 days. am i 100% correct that if the 2 month covid extension is still available he could apply for that pretty much after arrival. Where as I would need to do 30 days -> then another 30 day extension -> then covid extension if still available

thanks for your help

1. You can change your travel plans after a visa is issued. They are not tied to any specific flight or travel plans.

After applying for a Thailand pass if you change your flights you need to apply for a new one unless the change is less than a day or so.

2. I am not sure immigration would do a 60 day covid 19 extension of a 15 day visa on arrival entry.

I would not suggest setting your travel plans based upon getting the covid 19 extensions.

• Like 1

I am right now in the process of applying for a visa for my UK based elder sister to come to stay for 90 days. At the moment the Thai Embassy in London is requiring a 90 day hotel booking as a condition of issuing the visa!

10 minutes ago, Dr B said:

I am right now in the process of applying for a visa for my UK based elder sister to come to stay for 90 days. At the moment the Thai Embassy in London is requiring a 90 day hotel booking as a condition of issuing the visa!

What visa are you trying to apply for?

That appears to be a for special tourist visa (STV).

A normal tourist visa would allow a 60 days that can be extended for 30 days and it does not have that requirement.

• Like 2

Ubonjoe, with all the complications of the Thai Pass, I’m thinking of leaving middle/ end December. I will want  a  60 day tourist visa ( French resident / British Passport )  which I will extend 30 days at immigration.  I’m really thinking of going through a visa agent Paris, or maybe the Thai Package  one always mentioned on FB and ASEAN. What do you think ?  I don’t really feel up to the stress of going it alone.  Cost it may.  but not to my nerves. Thanks for any advice. 

4 hours ago, geisha said:

Ubonjoe, with all the complications of the Thai Pass, I’m thinking of leaving middle/ end December. I will want  a  60 day tourist visa ( French resident / British Passport )  which I will extend 30 days at immigration.  I’m really thinking of going through a visa agent Paris, or maybe the Thai Package  one always mentioned on FB and ASEAN. What do you think ?  I don’t really feel up to the stress of going it alone.  Cost it may.  but not to my nerves. Thanks for any advice. 

Not sure how much an agent can help since the visa application is done online.

If you have all the required documents ready it is not that hard to apply online and when approved you get a email with your stickerless visa.

• Like 1