Pc Speakers

igotworms

I'm currently running Creative Aspire 5.1 speakers and I'm much interested in upgrading. I got my mind set on these: http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products...d=5048,detail=2

the Logitech 680Z 5.1 500 watt system.

It has the capability of 4 inputs (PC, PS2/Xbox/DVD/TV) which basically makes it a home entertainment center. It has a builty Dolby Digital and DTS decoder in it among other crazy features.

The only set comparable is the Klipsch Promedia Ultra 5.1 Series which is probably a better sounding system but without the features of the Logitech set.

http://www.klipsch.com/product/product.asp...cmd=More&cmd_r=

Well, I'm heading to Bangkok tomorrow and I will probably pick up the speakers there. Anybody have any recommendations on where to get the speakers? How about shipping to Phuket?

Thanks.

I have Sterno 420W PMPO speakers on my PC and TV. They are dead cheap (500 baht from Big C computer shop - C Zone - in Phuket) but sound OK to me.

They have on/off, volume and bass control. I bought a pair first for my computer room TV because all small TVs have crap sound - not just those in Thailand. In England I had small PC speakers (£6 OR £7) attached to the TVs in the kitchen and computer room. The main requirement was to boost the treble so speech is clear.

If you're looking for Hi-Fi, then these aren't what you want! But they are clear and give good treble and bass.

In the bedroom I have Niveous SA-3309W(2.1) speakers that I got from Panthip Plaza bkk. These cost about 900 baht but have an ampifier/sub-woofer central unit and left and right speakers. Sound quality is very good (but nothing like my Goodmans Magnum speakers back in the UK :o ).

Went to Pantip yesterday and they didn't have the Logitech Speakers. Most people never heard of them. I was told if Pantip doesn't have them, nobody will. Is this true?

Does anyone know where to get the Logitech z680 Speakers? Or the Klipsch Promedia Ultra speakers? I going to contact Logitech I guess. Argh....Came all the way to Bangkok and can't find em. Well, time to get drunk. Thanks for your help.

Went to Pantip yesterday and they didn't have the Logitech Speakers.  Most people never heard of them.  I was told if Pantip doesn't have them, nobody will.  Is this true?

Does anyone know where to get the Logitech z680 Speakers? Or the Klipsch Promedia Ultra speakers?  I going to contact Logitech I guess.  Argh....Came all the way to Bangkok and can't find em.  Well, time to get drunk.  Thanks for your help.

Rule number one: don't believe what shop staff tell you :o

If they say "they don't make 'em anymore", try somewhere else.

If they say "never heard of 'em", it may be true but only because they are no expert.

I recommend that you keep looking for exactly what you want. I know from painful experience never to go shopping with my Thai g/f for computer stuff because she believes everything the staff say, and gets quite annoyed when I don't buy the first piece of crap that is offered to me after I ask for something specific :D .

• 6 years later...

Went to Pantip yesterday and they didn't have the Logitech Speakers. Most people never heard of them. I was told if Pantip doesn't have them, nobody will. Is this true?

Does anyone know where to get the Logitech z680 Speakers? Or the Klipsch Promedia Ultra speakers? I going to contact Logitech I guess. Argh....Came all the way to Bangkok and can't find em. Well, time to get drunk. Thanks for your help.

Ive had the same problem had the logitech speakers in England and they were brilliant. Tried getting them here and blow me not a chance. I managed to find 1 company that said they could order and do as expidited pack but price was extortionate.

I am looking for a decent set of pc speakers avaialble here in Thailand with a digital input for Ps3.

Anyone know of any. They must have the usual pc 3.5mm sockets to plug into my pc as im using sound blaster x-Fi.

Thanks

Microlab M 880. And very good they are too. I use these for music. I listened to quite a range before I bought these and they were by far the best

But I also have some small Anitech speakers which are very cheap (around 300Bht?)and fine for general PC use.