Visa Runs For 6 Consecutive Months Possible?

Hello!

I have the impression that postings in connection with visas are mostly from people who do not qualify for longer stays/residence permits etc.?

You are definitely no tourists, but people who want to live in Thailand because you don't get that much sunshine, girls or cheap living in your own countries.

Each one of you (and there is a huge majority) who comes from a western, developed (or G8) country, should ask yourself: "Why couldn't I make enough money back home to live a comfortable life (as investor, businessman or else) over here?

Now, without wanting to offend anybody, the correct answer is: "Because I am an incapable, lazy, uneducated or whatsoever person!"

Exactly the category, Thailand doesn't want to be it's residents.

You couldn't make it in developed countries with lots of oportunities so, just face it, you are losers.

[since the changes in the immigration rules of the 1st october there is so much confusion to what is going on.

mostly from bar chat and made up stories.

The rules are the rules and by now everyone should know them.

However this is wonderful Thailand and sometimes the rules do get mixed up in interpretation or when the person instigating them does not understand them himself /herself.

I am originally from the Uk and it is simple to get a 1 year multi entry O from Hull.

It is even possible to do a post service from the UK and as some guys are doing getting authenticated copies from the Embassy here and sending Passport home either by friend or DHL.

However I have friends in Khonkaen who have been here since before October on a tourist visa.

They do there visa runs to Nong kai and Once every 90 days stop over IN Cambodia.

They still get let in and get stamped I am amazed to what all the fuss was about because it seems to be easier than before ,although in theory it should not be.

Hello!

I have the impression that postings in connection with visas are mostly from people who do not qualify for longer stays/residence permits etc.?

You are definitely no tourists, but people who want to live in Thailand because you don't get that much sunshine, girls or cheap living in your own countries.

Each one of you (and there is a huge majority) who comes from a western, developed (or G8) country, should ask yourself: "Why couldn't I make enough money back home to live a comfortable life (as investor, businessman or else) over here?

Now, without wanting to offend anybody, the correct answer is: "Because I am an incapable, lazy, uneducated or whatsoever person!"

You couldn't make it in developed countries with lots of oportunities so, just face it, you are losers.

Hey you,

Don't you think that there are many farangs in Thailand who worked 20,30,40 years in factories, construction and other such places ? You can't blame them that they couldn't save millions in the West ; So please, allow these people also some good life like choosing for a good climate...

Now i hear you say : "why didn't they find an independent job instead of working for a boss ?" right ?

Well, not everybody is a Rockefeller or rich born child ! And don't forget if those people didn't work in those factories, YOU would not drive in a nice car now or live in a nice house ! And so there are many examples....

So better think first before you say that everybody is incapable, lazy etc...

I think i'm not the only one who think so....

And BTW, you DO offend people !

Hey you?

It is not necessary to point out exceptions, there are always some.

You can only live in a country which allows you to do so. This forum is 95% dedicated to bending Thai regulations or finding loopholes in immigration laws. Would be interesting to hear if you behave the same way in your own countries or just accept the letter of the law? May we guess the answer? Which says a lot about people's attitude to their host country...

Not everybody felt addressed, don't worry.

why do all u dudes keep crapping on about going to crappy places like myanmar for a visa run , when you can fly down to singapore or somewhere equally civilised have a few days shopping and then fly back and get visa restamped at airport .

What a joke...shopping in Singapore as though it's still a shopping mecca. You're 20 years behind the times. How boring could a place be?

You should have realised before you started "crapping on" that some people will find Burma very close and convenient. Why should a people living in Chiang Mai go to Singapore when they are so close to Burma?

Edited by tropo

Hello!

I have the impression that postings in connection with visas are <blah blah blah blah>

In every thread dealing with tourist visas/visa runs, there just *has* to be one of these, doesn't there?

"Welcome to Thailand ... no riff-raff."

Hello!

I have the impression that postings in connection with visas are <blah blah blah blah>

In every thread dealing with tourist visas/visa runs, there just *has* to be one of these, doesn't there?

"Welcome to Thailand ... no riff-raff."

Yes, this is unfortunate.

Hello!

I am entering Thailand as a tourist.

Most girls in my home country wouldn't touch me with a 50 cm pole (is it my fault that my "good" genes are all concentrated inside my heart and brain?): most women --in spite of what they claim-- are just as interested in the superficial good-looking guys claiming that this is all about love, where it is all about infatuation, lust, chemistry, ... (add the plethora of euphemisms most women use here). (BTW, guys are the same, but at least they tell the truth, most of the time.)

And, I am far from lazy: I almost died a few years ago for working a bit too hard,... so ... perhaps you should rethink your generalizations because I think I am far from an anomaly.

And I agree with another poster,... we are not all born into money (or with dads with networks of friends,...) like some people, in which case,... I would not have to count my pennies ... beside are you going to help me if I don't have enough money to pay for a life-saving surgery?

I did not think so.

So, ... I rest my case.

Troll or not.

Edited by MyPenRye