Thailand Pass Test & Go : Are all those already in the system now not allowed to enter?

Mitkof Island

Just read the latest about the Thailand Pass in the Bangkok Post and am more confused then ever.

For those that are already in the system at this moment will we be allowed to enter as planned? Or was everyone already in the system cancelled as of December 22, 2021?

I thought the PM had said prior that those already in the Test & Go  system would be allowed to enter as planned.

I arrive on January 17th 2022 any issues?

Edited by Mitkof Island

This guy works for Emirates and claims the airline has received a written notification from Thai aviation about a near-immediate halt to all Test & Go. Can't verify this with any other source, but it could be very bad news for some travellers, me included, if true:

13 minutes ago, underthesky said:

This guy works for Emirates and claims the airline has received a written notification from Thai aviation about a near-immediate halt to all Test & Go. Can't verify this with any other source, but it could be very bad news for some travellers, me included, if true:

This already after the December 22th announcement from the PM himself that all those already in the system would be allowed to enter. If they pull this stunt so everyone now has to cancel once again within moments of leaving it will have a huge ripple effect and seriously ruin those expats trying once again to return to their Thai families. This is all once again because of Dr. Clown opening his big mouth.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, underthesky said:

Even more scary, he talks about an immediate suspension of the Test & Go after the 7th.

So as soon as January the 8th everyone would be due to AQ in Bkk or Sandbox in Pukhet...
Wow... That's even earlier...

But seriously I'm no longer hoping much by now (I was due to arrive on the 13th under the T&G scheme).
I'm basically waiting to press the "cancel" button.
I'd like to have something official though, a proof to justify cancellation in proper form after the 7th..
What a mess, I'm sad for Thai people more than for my own self, to be honest

There's only this guy from Ministry of Tourism, Phiphat Ratchakitprakarn who advocates for us. But don't hold your breath. He has no weight whatsoever obviously :

EDIT : he's saying that there are still 30 000 applicants pending that would be unfairly refused access after the 10th while Thailand could perfectly handle the Omicron wave through February and March.
(Hope my listening skills are not that bad, I could have misunderstood)

Edited by Michel PUISSANT
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, shdmn said:

My understanding was anyone planning to arrive after Jan 10th is SOL.  Has that changed again?

SOL?

What gave you the impression that the OP and other readers of your post would know what you mean with SOL?

4 hours ago, Mitkof Island said:

...For those that are already in the system at this moment will we be allowed to enter as planned?...

At the moment, it seems the plan is to honour the Thailand Passes already issued only for arrivals until 10 January at the old conditions. If this plan is carried out, it remains to be seen how exactly it will be implemented.

This means that the temporary suspension in accepting new Thailand Pass applications in place since December 22, 2021 may remain until at least the end of January. Those who have applied and been granted the Thailand Pass can still enter the country under the Test and Go programme until January 10, 2022, as per the previous announcement.

Source: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thai-government-needs-one-month-to-decide-on-anti-covid-19-measures-update/

I hope that you will be allowed to fly to Thailand on 17 January without a problem but you should be prepared to be allowed entry on conditions that are a little stricter than those in place when your Thailand Pass was approved.

There's another thread on here about a lady refused boarding (in the USA I think) as the airline said Test and Go was finished.  The Timatic system the airlines use backs that up and was updated yesterday, so it seems someone might have jumped the gun and Test and Go has been effectively cancelled immediately.

https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/world.php

Does anyone know how many days of quarantine is required in ASQ hotel for unvaccinated? 
Says 7/10/14 so which is it?

Alternative Quarantine

Conditions

Travellers from any country / territory. Stay in quarantine for 7/10/14 days and will be able to travel in Thailand thereafter
Full vaccination is not required under this scheme
Booking for 7/10/14 days on approved AQ hotel

Approved List:

16 hours ago, johnbarley said:

Does anyone know how many days of quarantine is required in ASQ hotel for unvaccinated? 
Says 7/10/14 so which is it?

Alternative Quarantine

Conditions

Travellers from any country / territory. Stay in quarantine for 7/10/14 days and will be able to travel in Thailand thereafter
Full vaccination is not required under this scheme
Booking for 7/10/14 days on approved AQ hotel

Approved List:

10 nights for unvaccinated.

image.png.a602d6c3ff724962c9dc5684aba82e6e.png

• Like 1