Home Exercise Machine...

Jimmyd

I guess my price range is up to about ten thousand baht. I think an exercise bike concentrates too much on the legs. I saw a stair-stepping type thing at Carrefour which has arm thingies so you can use arms and legs together.

So, obviously I am no expert. Any recommendations for a single machine for my home?

Elliptical machines are pretty nice and give a good workout. Somewhat similar to a treadmill but easier on the knees. These also have the arm extensions for upper body movement. Ellipticals are going to cost you more though. You might be able to find one for 10,000bht but it won't be top of the line or anything close to that.

Elliptical machines are pretty nice and give a good workout. Somewhat similar to a treadmill but easier on the knees. These also have the arm extensions for upper body movement. Ellipticals are going to cost you more though. You might be able to find one for 10,000bht but it won't be top of the line or anything close to that.

That's what I saw in Carrefour. It was 7000 baht and seemed solid--had pulse monitor too. Any advice where to buy in Thailand?

I Think You are In Pattaya yes?

Try city sports at Pattaya Tai 1 block down on the left hand side of road from Sukimvet. Probably more than Carrefoure But you can tell the difference. Kong Dee!

Good luck

Edited by Beardog

Jimmyd,

Try BigC they have what you are looking for called Xtreme Plus it's a elliptical machine, has a lot of setting levels, It cost's about 12.000bt have been using one for 2 years, I'm 110kg and haven't broken it yet, I feel fitter but still can't lose weight staying same same.

How about one of those dip/pullup stations?

Bands are also cheap and can do just about any exercise. You can buy 50 feet of natural latex tubing at a medical supply store for maybe B500-600.

A cheap barbell set or dumbbell set.

Don't waste your money on a cheap machine.

How about one of those dip/pullup stations?

Bands are also cheap and can do just about any exercise. You can buy 50 feet of natural latex tubing at a medical supply store for maybe B500-600.

A cheap barbell set or dumbbell set.

Don't waste your money on a cheap machine.

You're right. Thanks for the input.

It all depends on your ultimate goals..... if it is to decrease Bodyfat % you will need to some strength work and not just cardio

I would get bored training at home everytime. i live near a park and prefer to train there.

What are you goals and timeframe