Renting professional tools in Thailand?

OneMoreFarang

In many videos, especially from Americans, they talk about renting professional tools i.e. for tiling or other jobs which require special tools which are only seldom used (by DIY workers or people who do jobs like that seldom).

Is something like that available in Thailand and is it common that people rent professional tools?

I ask for two reasons: Maybe I want to do some things myself like putting a couple of holes in concrete. I guess it might be cheaper to rent a HILTI for a day or two than buying one. And some workers are good, but they don't own professional tools, or maybe the company where they work has those tools but the workers want to do some extra jobs. It would be good if it would be possible to rent tools i.e. to cut tiles or whatever is needed.

Does that exists in Thailand? Prices? Links?

i have never heard of tool rentals as a business but my wife has rented out my tools on occasion (with my permission) for construction projects.  Things like the welder, ladders, shop saw, and drill.  We also rent our scaffolding.  If somebody just wants to borrow for a small project, no problem.  Maybe check with your neighbors.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Is something like that available in Thailand and is it common that people rent professional tools?

I ask for two reasons: Maybe I want to do some things myself like putting a couple of holes in concrete. I guess it might be cheaper to rent a HILTI for a day or two than buying one. And some workers are good, but they don't own professional tools, or maybe the company where they work has those tools but the workers want to do some extra jobs. It would be good if it would be possible to rent tools i.e. to cut tiles or whatever is needed.

Does that exists in Thailand? Prices? Links?

It does exist for professional level tools costing in the hundreds of thousands of baht and up. For amateur level tools and less expensive ones, no there is nothing, (unless you’re in the far northeast near Steve ???? )

So if you want a diamond saw with a 1.5 metre water lubricated blade or generator to power a small factory yes it is possible, but probably on a period lease not short term rental.

• Like 1