What is the latest approved periods between second shot and booster?

chrisinth

I know there are other threads running with this mentioned, but alas, I'm confused again.

I have had my two Pfizer shots, second one at the end of September las year. When I was at the Bangkok Hospital, Phitsanulok on Sunday, the doctor I was seeing asked about my vaccine status and recommended I get a booster. When I told him I had 2 x Pfizer shots and it was recommended that it should be 6 months after the second shot for the booster, he told me no. He was adamant that this had been changed, about two weeks ago and the time period between second shot and booster had been reduced.

I may be a bit behind on this. Does anyone have a link to an official update on this issue?

Cheers

This was on the MoPH FB page, published on Sunday, 23 Jan 2022, it is dated 22 or 21 Jan 2022 I think.

It might have changed since then.

Pfizer 2X booster interval remains at six (6) months. 

Yes, you can pay for Moderna earlier. And yes, some places will pop you whenever you show up.

In the U.S. the interval was recently lowered from 6 mos. to 5 mos, for Pfizer 2X booster.

272252681_486537052956203_8274303519150244121_n.jpg

Edited by mtls2005
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I did see somewhere that it had changed to 5 months.  I'll try to find the source.  But...from the numerous people I spoke to while trying to get our boosters, all said it was 6 months.  And even then, many refused us as they were only giving boosters to those who had the Chinese jabs.  Perhaps even AZ.  But not Pfizer.

We finally got our boosters at the Thai PBS office in Bangkok. 

A great source to follow for this is Richard Barrow on Twitter.  As soon as things change, he does an update.

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow

• Like 2

7 hours ago, TorquayFan said:

Sorry no link, but I'm sure I read that the 6 months after 2 Pfizer, has now been reduced to 5 months. If I can find the source I'll post it later.

I would have one every week if only I could. ????

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, NE1 said:

This came out not so long ago , maybe things have changed .378718903_Screenshot2021-12-16at15_02_22.thumb.png.5976b9128f48b0a4de8cb740a7abd14f.png

Thanks NE1, that was the last one I saw as well, 15 Dec 21. I'm not really worried about the booster, it was just that the doctor was so adamant that the time period had changed even after I stressed that it was Pfizer/Pfizer we were talking about. He is an OK guy as well.

Thanks to everyone else who has commented  as well. 

Got mine after 4 months. 3rd Pfizer in local shopping centre. They updated my certificate and Moh Promt at the same time. 

Word of caution. I received a slanging match on here from someone for saying 4 months, but posted back just 4 various copies of worldwide updates after Google searches about this matter.????????????????

3 minutes ago, DPKANKAN said:

Got mine after 4 months. 3rd Pfizer in local shopping centre. They updated my certificate and Moh Promt at the same time. 

Word of caution. I received a slanging match on here from someone for saying 4 months, but posted back just 4 various copies of worldwide updates after Google searches about this matter.????????????????

5 months is the current recommendation...

• Haha 1

Just one experience- I was offered a pfizer booster after double pfizer, the last of which was early October.  Having had a bit of a look about on the net, it seemed a lot of agencies were talking about reducing the time period (some) to as low as 3 months.  So I agreed to have it.  The doc in charge called a few days later- no can do.  You must wait 6 months.

12 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Yes, you can pay for Moderna earlier. And yes, some places will pop you whenever you show up.

My friend and I had our Moderna boosters 3 and 4 months respectfuly after we each had 2 x Pfeiser.

He had no problems but I ended up staying an extra 3 days at our hotel because of numbness in my right leg.

I was worried about driving 10 hours home to Issan.

Despite the scare I'm glad I got the booster.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Someone Else said:

He's talking about the US where it's five months per CDC.  For some reason this poster is always talking about vaccinations in the US despite the utter irrelevancy to the situation in Thailand.

I read about this on a THAI website. I'm trying to locate the source. Read my original post. Not the truncated one which is against forum rules.

Don't worry about all that. I had my Moderna booster shot today, 4 months after my last 2nd Pfizer (before that I had 2 Astra, thus 5 in total now). Just confirmed to them it was more than 6 months ago. And since their I.T. sucks, all went well. Just pay! (in my case TB 1650).
Amazing TH. 

Edited by BKK Chopin

I had 2 Pfizer (last one in September), and went to Thonburi Hospital Group (THG) to make an appointment for the Moderna, which I had paid for, back in October. The staff person there said the Moderna, which would be #3 booster, was recommended at 3 months for over 60 people, which would place it near the end of December. I was not sure about that, but after doing some research I found that in the UK it had changed to 3 months just the week before, so I went with her recommendation.

This week, after going back to discuss what to do about the 2nd Moderna jab I purchased, they stated I could transfer it or if I got it myself, I needed to wait 6 months for booster #2, otherwise the insurance I had gotten with it would not be valid.  Since the deadline for my group of vaccine purchases (July 2021) is the end of May, and that is only 5 months from jab #3, I could still get it but need to agree to  not having insurance coverage. I decided to wait a month to see if any guidance comes out regarding having a 4th shot sooner; but if not may pass on it.

For those who also ordered Moderna from the Thonburi Hospital Group (THG) in the summer, you have until the end of February to transfer or make an appointment; with the last day for an appointment being the end of May, or lose your money.

8 hours ago, steve187 said:

i did not , your post was shown in full, please check again, here it is again to refresh your memory ''5 months is the current recommendation''

my apologies.  I saw this reference in a graphic from one of the many hospitals I've been researching when triying to get a booster.  I've looked at over a dozen.  Just can't remember which one referenced this, and impossible to search text in graphics to find it.

Either way, the US CDC is now recommending 5 months, the Thai FDA usually follows with the same recommendations a few months later.

Again, my apologies.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

This is the latest update according to the info on the Hua Hin Covid Community Support page.

Turns out that graphic is wrong as regards the interval after two Pfizer doses. As per the article below (and as others have said) the minimum gap is now 5 months.

On Monday, the FDA shortened the interval between the second Pfizer dose and booster to five months as well.

FDA shortens the wait time between Moderna vaccine and booster to 5 months

On 1/25/2022 at 4:49 AM, TorquayFan said:

Sorry no link, but I'm sure I read that the 6 months after 2 Pfizer, has now been reduced to 5 months. If I can find the source I'll post it later.

Well, I'm ready for my booster shot. It will have been 5 months next week that I received my second Pfizer shot. Where can I get it?

11 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Well, I'm ready for my booster shot. It will have been 5 months next week that I received my second Pfizer shot. Where can I get it?

Where do you live?

Where did you get your previous doses?

Fairly certain that while the interval in the U.S. is 5 months., it remains 6 months. here in thailand. I have been unable to register for a  booster, am over 5 months, but less than 6 months. I think that's down to supply, and the govt wanting to get mRNA into sino/az arms first.

Yes, others Pfizer 2X have reported getting a paid Moderna at less than 6 months. And others have reported getting Pfizer #3 at less than 6 months.

• Like 1

We just got ours, but had no luck before the 6 month date.  Even after 6 months, it was difficult.  They're using the Pfizer supplies for those who've gotten the Chinese jabs or AZ.  Many places rejected us due to this.

If you pay for Moderna, you can easily get that and from what I've heard, is a very good booster jab.  Maybe the best.

Where do you live?

On 1/30/2022 at 7:52 AM, mtls2005 said:

Fairly certain that while the interval in the U.S. is 5 months., it remains 6 months. here in thailand. I have been unable to register for a  booster, am over 5 months, but less than 6 months.

I literally just posted a link to an article about the announcement from the Thai FDA saying that the interval has been reduced to 5 months, two posts above yours.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1247900-what-is-the-latest-approved-periods-between-second-shot-and-booster/?do=findComment&comment=17144510

Edited by GroveHillWanderer

On 1/31/2022 at 10:19 AM, GroveHillWanderer said:

I literally just posted a link to an article about the announcement from the Thai FDA saying that the interval has been reduced to 5 months, two posts above yours.

But your link takes us to the U.S. FDA announcement, which we all agree lowers the interval to five months.