Pattaya bar - 6N rugby with commentary

DSBones

Any recommendations in central Pattaya to watch the 6N rugby with commentary that you can hear.

I was in Bangkok this weekend in a pub with multiple HD TV screens but you could hardly hear any of the commentary over the background chatter of the bar. 

Looking for a reasonable atmosphere in the pub but the main criteria must be that the TV volume is loud enough to follow the commentary.

Are there any 'rugby' bars in Pattaya? By that I mean bars that will prioritise the rugby over the Premier League games.

7 minutes ago, DSBones said:

Are there any 'rugby' bars in Pattaya? By that I mean bars that will prioritise the rugby over the Premier League games.

Don't you mean, they will prioritise sports on TV over "What your name?  Where you come from?  You buy drink for me?"   ????  

I-Rovers and Metro Bar on LK both show the Rugby with commentary. They are only 20 metres apart so I normally check out both to see which has the better atmosphere 

btw, doubt you be able to see the 2nd Saturday games anywhere as they start just after the drinks curfew at 11pm

Edited by aussiexpat

On 2/7/2022 at 2:52 PM, kinyara said:

Clearly not, see above.

Retox had something like 40 TV's around the walls.  No matter what country a patron was from, what sport they followed, and what team was playing, they could get it on a TV for them.

They could do this because of the investment they made in hardware.

I doubt any other bar has made a similar investment.  

Thanks for all the feedback. I know IRovers (have used it a few times for obscure Championship football). 

I will be with a friend from Bkk. He is happily married and not really into the Pattaya bar scene. He just likes his beer and rugby without any additional complications. LK Metro might just be too much for him. However, I know in IRovers he is more likely to get hassle from the punters than the girls.

Murphy's may be an option but "packed to the gills" concerns me a little as the bar last week in Bkk was the same. Not only was it a pain in the <deleted> but it was a breeding ground for covid - at least  Murphy's has a small open section.

I will explain what LK Metro is all about and maybe take him up there a couple of hours early to see if he is ok with it.

Noted re. the drinks curfew. Are they really that strict in Pattaya? I suppose LK Metro and Bukhao are pretty popular areas that will have a bigger police presence. Some pubs in Bkk just dimmed the lights for 15mins at 11pm, got rid of the undesirables and then 're-opened' for the duration of the 2nd game.