Echinacea And Cayenne

jeebusjones

I'm battling a cold at the moment, and tried to get these herbal supplements at the local pharmacy. The guy had no idea what I was talking about.

Can anyone translate these two words into Thai, and possibly include the actual Thai script so I can show the pharmacist?

Thanks for your help.

I'm battling a cold at the moment, and tried to get these herbal supplements at the local pharmacy. The guy had no idea what I was talking about.

Can anyone translate these two words into Thai, and possibly include the actual Thai script so I can show the pharmacist?

Thanks for your help.

Why not just ask for a cold remedy - even in English you would be struggling to find whatever it is your trying to say :o

Why not just ask for a cold remedy - even in English you would be struggling to find whatever it is your trying to say :o

I've found that usually they just give antibiotics for everything. I'm already taking something called antifed, but it hasn't really helped very much.

Echinacea is pretty common, in the States at least. It is very common to use it to help boost the immune system when ill. Cayenne I've never actually used but read about it on the web this morning. Not sure if I can find it but I'd expect most pharmacies here to have echinacea.

Why not just ask for a cold remedy - even in English you would be struggling to find whatever it is your trying to say :D

I've found that usually they just give antibiotics for everything. I'm already taking something called antifed, but it hasn't really helped very much.

Echinacea is pretty common, in the States at least. It is very common to use it to help boost the immune system when ill. Cayenne I've never actually used but read about it on the web this morning. Not sure if I can find it but I'd expect most pharmacies here to have echinacea.

Antibiotics are totally useless for colds - since colds are a virus.  I used tiffys when i have had a cold but they

knock you for six.  I alwasy bring vitamins with me when i come to thialand as i cant ever find good multivitamins etc. here. :o

Thanks for your help.

The pharmacist will have no idea what you're talking about because those are herbal remedies and pharmacists aren't trained in them.

You need to go to a vitamin or health food store like GNC.

Write "echinacea" and "capsicum" on a piece of paper and show it to them. They'll be more likely to recognize it in English than Thai.

Even if you find the Thai word, it's likely just transliterated from English.

Edited by expatwannabe

[The pharmacist will have no idea what you're talking about because those are herbal remedies and pharmacists aren't trained in them.

You need to go to a vitamin or health food store like GNC.

Even if you find the Thai word, it's likely just transliterated from English.

You're probably right about this. I will give it a try. Actually I'm pretty much over my cold now today anyway. But thanks for the replies.

In Thai, we do not have a specific word for Echinacea hence we call this word similar as english name เอ็คไคนาเซีย ( Ek kai na sia ).

There is Echinacea (Blackmores Brand) In Thailand.

74505139597753744842454256715474343067-150x188-0-0.jpg

For Cayenne, chilli extract ,I know a cocktail capsule from "BRAND'S".However, I do not know whether it is good or not.

สารสกัดจากพริกและชาเขียว ผสมซุปไก่สกัด (Chilli extract ,Green tea extract and BRAND'S Essence of Chicken

4 tablets per day is equal to

EOC 33.3% (800mg)

Green tea extract (26.1% 625.2 mg)

Chilli extract 8.3% (200 mg)

http://www.brandsworld.co.th/cms.www/main.aspx?sid=202

Edited by BambinA

Thanks, Bambina. That is excellent information. Any specific places to purchase the Blackmore's Echinacea, or is it pretty common?

You can find it at Boots, Watson and some drug store(medium to big).