Energy Ministry Ready to Cope with Impacts of Russia-Ukraine Crisis

snoop1130

S__36749784.jpg-1-768x576.jpg

BANGKOK, Feb 24 (TNA) – The conflict between Russia and Ukraine would not have any impact on the country’s import of oil and liquefied natural gas (LNG) but might affect local energy prices, according to the Energy Ministry.

Kulit Sombatsiri, permanent secretary for energy, said Thailand imported only 5.22 million liters of crude oil a day from Russia and the import formed only 3% of its total crude import. The most crude oil import of the country or 55% came from the Middle East, he said.

Full Story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-890098

tnalogo.jpg
-- © Copyright TNA 2022-02-24

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Haha 1

I'm sure that any excuse to milk the public for private profits will soon be rolled out in spades.
"So sorry that gas is 45 THB/L.  Nothing we can do.  War in Ukraine don't ya know!  Anyway, you commoners should stop driving anyway.  Climate change.  Driving is now reserved for the wealthy.  Buy an ox and a cart.  And get your masks on!"
฿฿฿Cha-Ching฿฿฿

11 hours ago, vandeventer said:

This will effect us all as most European countries get their oil and gas from Russia.

Yeah, they're shutting their own gas supplies off.  "That will show those Ruskies whose in charge!" 
I doubt Ursula von der Leyen, the EU technocrats, or the WEF Davos crowd will care if Europeans (or the rest of the world) are squeezed financially.  Thai leadership will probably subsidize diesel prices - maybe. 
"Inflation for thee, caviar for me!", say the elites.