2 Visit Visa Refusals

hi

have been reading your forum great site. please could you help gf just had her interview and refusal this morning ***** Bit of background met gf sept 2006 seen her first visit 3 weeks second visit 2 weeks tried for a v/visa for 3 mths but got refused on reason to return. nothing wrong with sponsor but thought she would not return Had references from employer etc had a local guy fill in all forms but did not put any info in about land and property thought she was not socially economicaly settled. 2nd attempt addressed all problems on first refusal added extra info land and house photos but this time she has been refused because they do not believe she works for her x employer not seen refusal letter yet!!!!!!!!! which way to go visit visa again or get married ?????/

I had the same problem first time they refused on grounds of time of relationship so we sent photos and all that stuff ,, then they refused on grounds of saying she would not return ??? the embassy seems to just like to collect the fees ,, i am going to apply again this year we have been married for 10 months have a home and all so will see what they say this time?? i am intrested in what happins with your question

I had the same problem first time they refused on grounds of time of relationship so we sent photos and all that stuff ,, then they refused on grounds of saying she would not return ??? the embassy seems to just like to collect the fees ,, i am going to apply again this year we have been married for 10 months have a home and all so will see what they say this time?? i am intrested in what happins with your question

Thanks colino

just thought it was me !!!!!!! expensive this visa stuff.?? It seems they have a free hand On issuing visas.You meet one criteria then they change the goalposts Hope everything works out for you.

Banpunket

you need to provide them with a sound reason that your girlfriend will return, and this sometimes proves very difficult!

You'll have a bit of an uphill battle now in all honesty as she has already been refused twice, you need to provide them in detail anything that will support your girlfriends case, they will not help you out in any way the onus is on you to provide them with everything they need!

The letter from her employer needs to look like it means something, i.e on headed company paper written by somebody with authority stating that her job will remain hers untill she returns.Not simply a reference.

She also should provide details and solid proof of property or land that she owns,deeds etc, photos of a house and simply stating that she owns it will not do!

Hope this helps and good luck

Mark

Edited by markr

HI there banpunket my thai wife and myself had the same problems as you are having ,2 vv visa refused also saying reason for return etc etc, So we then went for a settlement visa which we got, i think maybe you have mentioned they you are going or are thinking off getting married,so they will not issue a vv,Maybe get married and then try for a settlement visa, by then you will have more paperwork photos etc to put in with your appli cation.

And like markr says the reason for return must be sound as a pound,Dont know all off your details,

all the best pete & som let us know what happens

Banpunket

you need to provide them with a sound reason that your girlfriend will return, and this sometimes proves very difficult!

You'll have a bit of an uphill battle now in all honesty as she has already been refused twice, you need to provide them in detail anything that will support your girlfriends case, they will not help you out in any way the onus is on you to provide them with everything they need!

The letter from her employer needs to look like it means something, i.e on headed company paper written by somebody with authority stating that her job will remain hers untill she returns.Not simply a reference.

She also should provide details and solid proof of property or land that she owns,deeds etc, photos of a house and simply stating that she owns it will not do!

Hope this helps and good luck

Mark

Thanks makr

we put in letterheaded company paper and photo copied house and land deeds plus photos!!!!!1. what about trying for a fiancee visa.? The refusal today did not make good reading they did not believe she worked for her boss.

HI there banpunket my thai wife and myself had the same problems as you are having ,2 vv visa refused also saying reason for return etc etc, So we then went for a settlement visa which we got, i think maybe you have mentioned they you are going or are thinking off getting married,so they will not issue a vv,Maybe get married and then try for a settlement visa, by then you will have more paperwork photos etc to put in with your appli cation.

And like markr says the reason for return must be sound as a pound,Dont know all off your details,

all the best pete & som let us know what happens

Thanks cuddleypete

I did mention in my sponsorship letter that we intend to marry in thailand in the near future Is a fiance visa similar to a settlement visa ??.

I did mention in my sponsorship letter that we intend to marry in thailand in the near future Is a fiance visa similar to a settlement visa ??.

A Fiancee visa is a settlement visa, you would be expected to marry in the UK within 6 months of arrival and stay there.

Thanks mahout angrit

will it be hard to get after two v/v refusals by the way the g/f no longer works at her job i am sending her money to look after the house etc

will it be hard to get after two v/v refusals by the way the g/f no longer works at her job i am sending her money to look after the house etc

So the embassy were correct in thinking that your g/f doesn't work at the place who gave her the offer to return.

It will be hard to get any visa if they suspect her of lying on a previous application but under normal circumstances it will be considered but with different criteria. Your relationship and your ability to support her without recourse to public funds will be under greater scrutiny and obviously a reason to return is not relevant.

Does she want to live in UK or does she want to visit, whatever she told the embassy in the interviews will be on record.

So the embassy were correct in thinking that your g/f doesn't work at the place who gave her the offer to return.

It will be hard to get any visa if they suspect her of lying on a previous application but under normal circumstances it will be considered but with different criteria. Your relationship and your ability to support her without recourse to public funds will be under greater scrutiny and obviously a reason to return is not relevant.

Does she want to live in UK or does she want to visit, whatever she told the embassy in the interviews will be on record.

Thanks again mahout angrit

silly thing to do in hind sight but she left her employment 25/05/07 her application was prior to that she had to wait a month for a interview the embassy phoned her employer and he told them she had left and her b/f was looking after her.she/we only wanted a visit i was going to retire in thailand in the near future

If you have any evidence of your intended retirement in Thailand, then that may well serve as an incentive for your girlfriend to return to Thailand. You could present the trip as being an opportunity for your girlfriend to see the UK prior to you moving over there. However, you would need to corroborate this.

Scouse.

she/we only wanted a visit i was going to retire in thailand in the near future

So a Fiancee visa is not what you need. How near future? It may be better (and cheaper) for you to retire to Thailand, prove that you are both settled there (with rent agreements etc) then apply for a visit visa again. This time totally different circumstances as your relationship (which you must be able to prove) and the fact that you are now based in Thailand will be her reason to return (amongst other things).

If you have any evidence of your intended retirement in Thailand, then that may well serve as an incentive for your girlfriend to return to Thailand. You could present the trip as being an opportunity for your girlfriend to see the UK prior to you moving over there. However, you would need to corroborate this.

Scouse.

Thankyou scouse

that was my intention whilst i still had plenty of funds But it is very hard to prove you are going to retire to a certain country.However after reading her refusal it sounds like her ex-employer was a bit of a rogue and was known to the embassy !! And the embassy accused her of fabricating her employment to get a v/v

she/we only wanted a visit i was going to retire in thailand in the near future

So a Fiancee visa is not what you need. How near future? It may be better (and cheaper) for you to retire to Thailand, prove that you are both settled there (with rent agreements etc) then apply for a visit visa again. This time totally different circumstances as your relationship (which you must be able to prove) and the fact that you are now based in Thailand will be her reason to return (amongst other things).

was thinking one to two years but it is food for thougt I did think once i was retired in thai it would be very hard to get a v/v

silly thing to do in hind sight but she left her employment 25/05/07 her application was prior to that she had to wait a month for a interview the embassy phoned her employer and he told them she had left and her b/f was looking after her.she/we only wanted a visit i was going to retire in thailand in the near future

How soon in the future do you intend to retire in Thailand? I retired here in Feb 2006 and live with my girlfriend. So far she has been given two visit visa's to the UK. The first one was in July 2006 (6 months after I came here) and the second was a couple of weeks ago. She doesn't work and doesn't own property in her name. The UK Embassy accepted that I would be financing both trips and her reason to return was simply that she lives with me and I live in Thailand. She didn't have an interview on either occasion but before the first application they telephoned me (not her) to clarify a couple of things first. The second time we didn't even get a phone call.