2023 Ford Ranger Raptor to use twin-turbo 3.0-litre V6 petrol engine

So this one packs some serious punch with almost 400HP from its twin-turbo EcoBoost  V6 petrol engine.

1.87 mill baht isn't bad either.

I could be tempted getting one I must admit and a good upgrade to my 2.2WT from 2013.

It does look very off road orientated though so not sure it's for me, have to se some tests first.

https://www.ford.co.th/en/showroom/future-vehicle/next-generation-ranger-raptor

https://paultan.org/2022/02/22/2023-ford-ranger-raptor-unveiled-new-3-0l-twin-turbo-ecoboost-v6/

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Yellowtail said:

I think it looks great! Why would you think it not off-road oriented? Specs look pretty good to me 

I said it looks very off road oriented? But I am not driving off road so I hope the road manners are good as well.

Yes it looks awesome, if the reviews are positive I could be very very tempted

• Like 1

From the paultan.org website linked in the OP.

"... For example, in Baja mode, the turbos can continue spinning for up to three seconds after the driver backs off the throttle, but they can get back on the gas and still have peak throttle response and propulsion. ..."

Perfect for those 120 kph shoot-the-gap undertaking maneuvers on Highway 9 as well.

Read that the Bronco Widtrak was was rated at 400BHP with 3 litre V6 with the Wildtrack Raptor being a 2.7l V6 at a lower power. and torque.

Also read that the final specs have yet to be finalized.

Have driven a current Wildtrack Raptor with the quoted 10 speed box and wasn't favorably impressed. Gear changing up and down more frequently than a bar girls knickers (if she wore them at all}. With the knickers completely in the wrong position at your time of need.

Hope the Bronco comes here. Would be a worthy competitor to the Land Rover and would't go rusty in a desert,

12 hours ago, KayDeeDee said:

When are Electric  Trucks  going to be sold in Thailand  ?

I don't know why all this sudden trend to needing EVs, its as if the entire world has lost it's memory and think that EVs are new thing. Where I come from in 50's and 60's EVs could be seen in numbers almost everyday of the week in the mornings

ps. My name is not Ernie either.

Edited by Excel

18 hours ago, guzzi850m2 said:

I said it looks very off road oriented? But I am not driving off road so I hope the road manners are good as well.

Yes it looks awesome, if the reviews are positive I could be very very tempted

Sorry, I misread that. 

You can probably get a test drive at the Motor Show this week. 

• Like 1