Full body paintwork

fdsa

How much does the full body paintwork cost, approximately? (for a 4 door sedan)

Any nuances I need to know about? Do I need to order some additional layer of "something" after the paint itself (a layer of transparent lacque?) or is it usually included in the paintwork?

35 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

quick blowover to try to fool prospective buyers

this. I have a lot of small scratches, sunburns on the roof, et cetera, and want to make the car look a bit better than now.

Maybe I'll go for the bare metal respray if it is not very expensive.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, fdsa said:

this. I have a lot of small scratches, sunburns on the roof, et cetera, and want to make the car look a bit better than now.

Maybe I'll go for the bare metal respray if it is not very expensive.

One could be B30,000, the other should be B300,000+.

• Like 1

Had my Skoda Estate painted, full bare metal respray inside and out including engine bay (driveline removed).

I did all the dis-assembly and re-assembly, minimal rust or dent repairs.

Cost 240k.

Vehicle was white and is now black metallic with a candy red pearl, paint used was PPG Vibrance.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Had my Skoda Estate painted, full bare metal respray inside and out including engine bay (driveline removed).

I did all the dis-assembly and re-assembly, minimal rust or dent repairs.

Cost 240k.

Vehicle was white and is now black metallic with a candy red pearl, paint used was PPG Vibrance.

Wow 240k, what year is it? Hope you did a cost/benefit analysis!

A friend has a new Skoda. His standing joke every time he fills the tank is that he's just doubled the re-sale value. 

• Sad 1

Paint itself is expensive and quality paint is even more expensive. Also important is the skill of the guy who puts it on.

On top of the base coats are two coats of clearcoat.

Go looksee at 2-3 paint shops work. Take a Thai speaker with you who at least has some understands of what is involved in a respray.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, LosLobo said:

Wow 240k, what year is it? Hope you did a cost/benefit analysis!

A friend has a new Skoda. His standing joke every time he fills the tank is that he's just doubled the re-sale value. 

Octavia VRS Estate, I think it was worth every cent.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Thailand said:

Just cost me 47,500 baht stripped completely down all unseen bits done. 10K less for a showing bits only job.

thanks, so it's about $1k on average.

2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

One could be B30,000, the other should be B300,000+.

I'm going for the first one then :biggrin:

1 hour ago, Richard 2020 said:

Just enter "Repaint car" in GOOGLE, then the appropriate companies in your area are displayed!
Then simply get offers ????

Richard

I need to know an approximate price to make sure I'm not paying the farang price if all companies nearby would quote 2x normal price.

Edited by fdsa

17 hours ago, LosLobo said:

Obviously, your friend is as old as that lame joke and has no idea that current Skodas are Volkswagens nor that those Skodas won their class in the RAC Rally for 17 years on the run.

15 hours ago, fdsa said:
22 hours ago, Thailand said:

Just cost me 47,500 baht stripped completely down all unseen bits done. 10K less for a showing bits only job.

thanks, so it's about $1k on average.

Er, not exactly.   A lot depends on how long you want it to last, I wouldn't have any faith in a full body, bare metal job that cost B47.5k!