Buddhist Amulet Casings In Cm

Austhaied

Thippanet market is a pretty big scene in amulets and the like.. . I'd start over there. If they don't at least KNOW where to get it then it doesn't exist. :o

Thanks chanchao, i did end up at Tippanet Market anyway. 60 baht later, a new plastic housing.

Cheers.

Thippanet market is a pretty big scene in amulets and the like.. . I'd start over there. If they don't at least KNOW where to get it then it doesn't exist. :o

Thanks chanchao, i did end up at Tippanet Market anyway. 60 baht later, a new plastic housing.

Cheers.

slightly off topic but does anyone (farang) wear an amulet?

Cheers.

I do. The Dhamma does not have a color or creed.

I know a lot of Thais that wear crucifix's as well. What's your point ?

Thippanet market is a pretty big scene in amulets and the like.. . I'd start over there. If they don't at least KNOW where to get it then it doesn't exist. :D

Cheers.

point is if you really believe like alot of Thais do that the amulet will protect you harm or even death which differs from wearing a crucifix as a sign of faith (belief) :o

Now is it me or has anyone else noticed the increase in the large size amulets being worn, mainly by blokes, around CM. It's Like Medallion man at a disco in the late 70's gone mad. One guy had 7 of these large amulets around the front of his chest, and a further one on the same chain at the back of his neck.

Is it just another status symbol?

I've worn an amulet my wife gave me for a few years now, it is nothing to showy but it means a lot me . The amulet was a gift to her from her mother (Who passed away 20 yrs ago). I wear it as I know how much it means to my wife. She feels better when I wear it as she believes it will offer me Buddha's protection.

So whether it is a religious thing, a karmic thing, or just a relationship thing I feel better when I wear it.

Thippanet market is a pretty big scene in amulets and the like.. . I'd start over there. If they don't at least KNOW where to get it then it doesn't exist. :D

Cheers.

point is if you really believe like alot of Thais do that the amulet will protect you harm or even death which differs from wearing a crucifix as a sign of faith (belief) :o

I don't beleive that they have "special powers" at all. I wear mine as a reminder to be mindful in everything i do. It's more of a mark of respect to the Buddha's teachings for me and not blind faith.

Now is it me or has anyone else noticed the increase in the large size amulets being worn, mainly by blokes, around CM. It's Like Medallion man at a disco in the late 70's gone mad. One guy had 7 of these large amulets around the front of his chest, and a further one on the same chain at the back of his neck.

Jatukham fever. See the Buddhist section for info!!

Cheers.

I don't beleive that they have "special powers" at all. I wear mine as a reminder to be mindful in everything i do. It's more of a mark of respect to the Buddha's teachings for me and not blind faith.

i understand where you are coming from...however, if you do read the Buddhas teachings, wearing such things does go very much against what he was trying to get across... As does erecting images of him and covering them in gold. Such things will not bring luck in true Buddhism . Buddhism in Thailand is a mixture of tradition, local customs, superstition and the face of Buddhism.....If wearing an amulet reminds you to give more thought to the results of your actions, then fair doos , your on the right track :D

Cheers.

If you wear one from a decent weight gold chain it might very well have the opposite consequences.

In many places it could quite likely result in your death.

Jatukham fever. See the Buddhist section for info!!

Thairath newspaper is filled with it.