Where to buy replacement keyboard and battery for HP Pavillion Laptop 3 years old?

Troy Tempest

13 minutes ago, Henryford said:

I wouldn't try fixing a 3 year old laptop. Better to invest the money in a new one. I just bought a Asus Vivobook OLED 16gb, Ryzen 7 5800 nice machine for 25k.

I agree, but if I can fix it at a reasonable price I will and keep it for emergency use.

As I said earlier I have already ordered a new Dell Inspiron.

As a matter of interest where did you get the Asus from?

I looked at "Invade IT" and for the exact same model Dell as I ordered from Powerbuy the price their price was 3K Thb more!

• 2 weeks later...

Update:     Some strange things have happened!

I was trying to order a new keyboard and battery for the HP Pavillion whilst I was waiting for delivery of the New Dell Inspiron which I had ordered from Powerbuy!..

I was told the new HP keyboard and battery would take anything from 30-45 days to deliver!......

So I went back to the repair shop and retrieved the HP and bought a Logitech Bluetooth Keyboard so that at least I could use it whilst waiting for the Dell to arrive.

Logitech keyboard worked fine with the HP Plugged In at the mains and then by chance after a couple of days I tested the original keyboard and it is working fine again.

Then there was a problem with the Dell delivery from Powerbuy...."Lost in Transit".

Powerbuy offered a refund rather than a re-order so I said yes!

HP is working GREAT AGAIN apart from no battery (No Problem) and I will take take a visit to a local "Bricks & Mortar" establishment before I get my next laptop!....

I will never buy anything of significant value online in Thailand again!

Ho-Hum....TIT! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Edited by Troy Tempest
  • Haha 2

On 4/26/2022 at 4:24 PM, Troy Tempest said:

Update:     Some strange things have happened!

I was trying to order a new keyboard and battery for the HP Pavillion whilst I was waiting for delivery of the New Dell Inspiron which I had ordered from Powerbuy!..

I was told the new HP keyboard and battery would take anything from 30-45 days to deliver!......

So I went back to the repair shop and retrieved the HP and bought a Logitech Bluetooth Keyboard so that at least I could use it whilst waiting for the Dell to arrive.

Logitech keyboard worked fine with the HP Plugged In at the mains and then by chance after a couple of days I tested the original keyboard and it is working fine again.

Then there was a problem with the Dell delivery from Powerbuy...."Lost in Transit".

Powerbuy offered a refund rather than a re-order so I said yes!

HP is working GREAT AGAIN apart from no battery (No Problem) and I will take take a visit to a local "Bricks & Mortar" establishment before I get my next laptop!....

I will never buy anything of significant value online in Thailand again!

Ho-Hum....TIT! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I was just trying to buy a Dell here in Thailand. I see a few dealers in Bangkok but not in Pattaya.

Maybe I will go in and try myself.

Or do you suggest otherwise?

11 hours ago, PoodThaiMaiDai said:

I was just trying to buy a Dell here in Thailand. I see a few dealers in Bangkok but not in Pattaya.

Maybe I will go in and try myself.

Or do you suggest otherwise?

I was recommended to buy a Higher spec Dell by my local "Techie".....She says they are good!

But, when I asked where to buy.....She said "From me"! :thumbsup:

:cheesy:

I have read up on Higher End Dells and they seem okay!......

Edited by Troy Tempest
  • Like 1

I've found the Pavilions brilliant value PCs - best I've ever had ( IT consultant 35+ years supporting production banking ) 

Edited by Pmbkk
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Pmbkk said:

I've found the Pavilions brilliant value PCs - best I've ever had ( IT consultant 35+ years supporting production banking ) 

Maybe I got the "Friday Afternoon/Monay Morning" version? :thumbsup: