Romantic Night Out In Bangkok!

kevbap

Please could anyone help me out here, as i dont have an ounce of romance in my body! I want to take my Thai girlfriend of the last 4 years out on the town when my first pay check arrives on the 27th. now being new to the big city . i havent got a clue where to go.

So any ideas? it will probadly be on a monday or wednesday night as i work evenings 6 nights a week, she loves Thai Issan food, but is also partial to any farang food. We use to live on Samui so i guess sea food is out? Live music, nice settings, Buffet food, shopping centers, anything you guys can think of will be greatly reviewed and tested in most cases! also if any of you guys run bars or restaurants i will check them out in the course of the next few weeks, or maybe untill my wages run out!!! :o

Thanks Kevbap

:D

ps bangkok bobs website was quite usefull, so ant other web pages to recommend would be most welcome.

try Al Majlis ekkamai soi 12. It's a tea/wine house, there bean bags on the grass outside, there's shisha. very quiet (couldn't believe I could find a place that quiet in bangkok) and romantic especially if you go on Monday. little hard to find though

for bars/lounge, try Hu'u bar at the Ascott sathorn (cheap, good steak, got DJ) or V9 (try their wine flights) at sofitel silom. Crystal Lounge in soi 20 is nice as well (it has a jewelry shop which must be romantic for ur gf).

four seasons also has nice outdoor restaurants next to a pond

for clubs, bed supper club would be my 1st choice, then santika and tunnel

ofcourse there are better options (and pricier) but those are the places I went and I highly recommend them

Please could anyone help me out here, as i dont have an ounce of romance in my body! I want to take my Thai girlfriend of the last 4 years out on the town when my first pay check arrives on the 27th. now being new to the big city . i havent got a clue where to go.

So any ideas? it will probadly be on a monday or wednesday night as i work evenings 6 nights a week, she loves Thai Issan food, but is also partial to any farang food. We use to live on Samui so i guess sea food is out? Live music, nice settings, Buffet food, shopping centers, anything you guys can think of will be greatly reviewed and tested in most cases! also if any of you guys run bars or restaurants i will check them out in the course of the next few weeks, or maybe untill my wages run out!!! :o

Thanks Kevbap

:D

ps bangkok bobs website was quite usefull, so ant other web pages to recommend would be most welcome.

not from bangkok, so dont know my way around but was there 2 weeks ago on silom road cant remember the name of the complex but had about 6/7 resturants all in a garden type setting with a music/ dance (not disco) stage show, was very good.

on the right hand side of silom road down towards the river end.

food good, staff good, music good, not too loud, not exspsieve and when they shut they waited about an hour for us, def go again.

Kinda touristy, but nice.....take her on the sunset dinner cruise on the Chao Phraya.

The buffet is great, and there is live music and dancing.

You can book at any travel agent, or get tickets at the booths along the river at River City.

I've been a few times and always enjoy it.

Try and get tickets for the upper deck if you want to be outside, there is inside seating available also. Ask not to be seated close to the band....as it's a bit noisy and there's people dancing.

Good luck.

I used to know sooooooo many romantic places...now having trouble thinking of even a couple....the romantic side of me must be dying :D

but anyhow Ill still give it a go....

Kuppa -- sukhumvit Soi 16, they do some western food, but also Isaan...somtam Kai Yang, plus some really nice cakes. the place shouldnt be too busy on a weekday. (was really nice on a sunday afternoon for a relaxed lazy sunday cake and coffee/chocolate)

Antonio's Italian restaurant -- a cosy little place in Sukhumvit Soi 31...a bit deeper into the soi, right beside the Silom Village Complex (not the one on Silom itself mind you....they have one in Suk 31). good food, and you can woo her with that low light ambience, maybe some red wine :o

Le Lys --- no this is not a french place...but Thai food. its on Narathiwat Rajanakarin Road (near the Sathorn area). must admit I used to go when they were still in Langsuan, and the decor was very very nice...a homy atmosphere...restuarant set in a wooden house, and gave the feel of walking into someone's home, complete with living room, dining room with a bar, family photos on frames etc....really lovely place. and the food is authentic thai taste. highly recommended. anyway, this is their new location...with map and menu.

pubs bars clubs etc....there are sooooooo many.....others have mentioned some already...and Im sure not hard to find more......I gotta add I find Bed Club a little bit over the top in terms of the ....... ohh nevermind :D

have fun :D

For Buffet: I recommend Rain Tree Cafe at Hotel Plaza Athenee on Wireless Road.

Biscotti At the Four Seasons Hotel: great Italian food and good wine. I took my bf here for his birthday and they even prepared a birthday cake for him..

Both places are chilled out and casual with nice atmosphere

Have fun..

Yep good one, Tawan Deng.

Not romantic but indeed she will not forget (by the way you also).

Make reservation as the place is full almost every night.

Make sure you have a table not too close too the stage as your ears will be blown off....

Make sure you arrive not too late, 20:00/20.30 is OK

Have fun!!

but dont forget to add EXTREMELY pricey :o agree with everything Florin said though

an option would be dinner elsewhere, and go to Virtigo for drinks

ferris wheel at Suan Lum Night Bazaar.

very romantic :o

Would be hard these days as it is gone.

My choice is Sirocco at the Dome (State Tower). But be prepared for 10K plus meal if you have dirnks or wine.

TH

Edited by thaihome

Would be hard these days as it is gone.

My choice is Sirocco at the Dome (State Tower). But be prepared for 10K plus meal if you have dirnks or wine.

TH

Thanks Thaihome again, looks like theres a war going on between the sirocco and vertigo for the best place to go out for an expensive drink! anybody got some prices for these two places?

had some good feed back from some of my locals about Tawan deang and bed supper club.

looks like i need a rise from my new boss already!!!

any other spots??

Thanks guys

ps Thaihome how many beers do i owe you now? :o

The dinner cruise from the Riverside Plaza is as good as it gets. You won't see too many farangs on this river cruise and the prices are right. No tourist rip off prices here. You have to cross the Krungthon bridge from downtown and the Riverside Plaza is on the left.

ferris wheel at Suan Lum Night Bazaar.

very romantic :o

Only if you want her to be ill if she has a full stomach. Even thought the ride is only 5 minutes or so, it's a bit unsettling on a windy night. Yea, I know I'm a wuss.

For what it's worth, it's totally classy of you to seek out a decent spot for your babe. (I just hope this thread gets buried so that a certain special lady of mine doesn't get any ideas.)

My choice would be Supatra River House.

I was going to suggest supatra actually. Very nice & quite reasonably priced if I remember correctly.

Off the top of my head, some others:

China House at the Mandarin Oriental has had a revamp - Shanghai decadence. If you can get a booth for you & your girlfriend, it's pretty nice. I like the Peking Duck!

Le Banyan is quite a posh French restaurant in a nice setting: http://www.le-banyan.com/

sorry, those two are quite pricey.

I went on an evening dinner cruise with Manohra: http://www.manohracruises.com/

It can be romantic - though may depend on who the other diners are!!

I only had drinks at Vertigo, cocktails were in the region of 300-350 Baht (taxes included)...I think it's a very good deal for the view, I love a nice restaurant but Sirocco is ridiculously overpriced.

As for dinner...have only been there for lunch, but was VERY impressed by the setting, food and service at Rioja (Spanish restaurant near Central Chitlom)...pricey, but definitely not in the league of Sirocco, you could get away with 2000-2500 Baht there, I reckon.

The dinner cruise from the Riverside Plaza is as good as it gets. You won't see too many farangs on this river cruise and the prices are right. No tourist rip off prices here. You have to cross the Krungthon bridge from downtown and the Riverside Plaza is on the left.

Does anyone have anymore information or a website on this place, i would like to try it out? Google seems to be drawing a blank 4 me.

Thanks in advance

(new poster - 8 week bkk veteran)

...any other spots??

Thanks guys

Don't worry about the beers. If you are moved into Bella now, you need to take your GF to resturant next door to the Makro. Name is in Thai, Moon something or other....

Go late, the early band is rather traditional, but late one rocks the place.

TH

Hi there, near which Makro is that restaurant? I'm not familiar with Bella :-)

...any other spots??

Thanks guys

Don't worry about the beers. If you are moved into Bella now, you need to take your GF to resturant next door to the Makro. Name is in Thai, Moon something or other....

Go late, the early band is rather traditional, but late one rocks the place.

TH

The Vertigo Bar on top of the Banyan Tree Hotel...stunning! Intimate atmosphere and a truly unforgettable view (as long as she's OK with heights :o )

We celebrated our wedding here and it was the perfect evening the meal was excellent (pricey) but the views and ambience are great, recommended as a one off.