Car hire in UK & updating home addresses

I believe if you hire a car in the UK the hire company requires the home address shown on your licence to agree with the address your credit card has registered as your home. Do you know if that is right?

I am a UK passport holder living here for 5 years & expecting to be here another 5.

My UK driving licence is now out of sync with the home address for my UK bank account now. I do have a Thai driving licence and credit card registered to the same address. 

Is it easy to hire for a UK passport holder to hire a car in the UK using a Thai licence & Thai credit card?

It would be better to use a UK card, has anyone got any advice on hiring a car when UK docs are out of sync?  

I have avoided moving my bank address from the UK to Thailand to keep life simple. Is it worth doing? I suppose I ought to register my UK bank and UK driving licence to my home here in Thailand. Is that right? 

Much appreciate advice from previous experience.

Thanks

They don't match the card and the license addresses but its better to hire on your Thai license if you can in case of any speeding tickets. Also they require confirmation of you not having any points or disqualifications on your UK license, you can get a report yourself online but it must be no later than 24hrs old or they can retrieve it with your approval at the desk. With a Thai license this process is not required. I always use my Thai license and Thai card to hire a car in UK.

22 hours ago, BangkokAlan said:

I always use my Thai license and Thai card to hire a car in UK.

Last November I hired using a Thai driving licence and UK credit card registered to a UK address. One potential issue to be aware of is they may initially request a Thai IDP to go with the licence but I found on last 2 occasions (even when told this in advance) it was not required when I picked up the car.

23 hours ago, 503726 said:

I have avoided moving my bank address from the UK to Thailand to keep life simple. Is it worth doing?

Depends on whether your bank is happy for you to do that - been a number of threads on this subject and overall I would suggest that if you don't need to, and still have access to the UK address, to keep it.

23 hours ago, 503726 said:

I suppose I ought to register my UK bank and UK driving licence to my home here in Thailand. Is that right? 

You cannot register your UK driving licence to your Thai address - you are actually supposed to give it up if you get another country licence..........Again up to you but most posters on here seem to not bother..........:whistling:

PS - If you need to renew your UK DL and have a relatively recent UK passport you can do so fairly easily online.............as long as you have the UK address it can be sent to.