border hops

afaik VOA is not available at that border crossing and not sure if it's even open again yet. not sure if the fee has increased either, it used to be 1K bit night have gone up. an expert should be along to assist.

but your English is very good so I'm curious as to which one of the 15 VOA-qulifying countries you're from.

• Haha 1

The land borders to Burma are closed, period, end of story.

The land borders with Cambodia are open.  You can exit Thailand you can enter Cambodia and then re-enter Thailand as long as you have an approved thai pass & proof of covid insurance. You taking ATK test at the border before you come back into Thailand.

I know this is exactly how it works is because I was at the Ban Laem border yesterday.

The borders with Malaysia are open.

And as people have already stated in other posts the land borders with Lao are opening Monday.

1 hour ago, tod-daniels said:

re-enter Thailand as long as you have an approved thai pass & proof of covid insurance

I am on a Non OA...so, I would also need a re-entry permit. And since my current extension doesn't expire until mid July.. would I need insurance for 2 + months?

37 minutes ago, JohnOFphon said:

I am on a Non OA...so, I would also need a re-entry permit. And since my current extension doesn't expire until mid July.. would I need insurance for 2 + months?

Insurance for 30 days would be sufficient. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1