Effexor XR (Venlafaxine)

Was prescribed this month ago back in the UK and wondered the cost of getting it here in Thailand now, pharmacy vs online vs government hospital

Been taking it for 4 weeks and felt nothing so far, but would like to give it 6-8 weeks before giving up on it

Efexor brand will be quite expensive. If 75 mg, about  2,000 - 2,500 baht  baht for a month's supply.  If dosage is 150 mg, even more (e.g. around 4,000 a month) ; if 37.5 mg, then less.

There is a locally made generic equivalent called Valosine SR which will be somewhat less if you can find it.

You should have seen  a difference by now if it were going to help, though. What dose are you on? The usual starting dose of 75mg sometimes is not enough and can be increased in increments of 75mg, not to exceed maximum 225 mg a day.  Are you in therapy? As better to do this in partnership with a therapist.

On 5/8/2022 at 5:49 PM, Sheryl said:

Efexor brand will be quite expensive. If 75 mg, about  2,000 - 2,500 baht  baht for a month's supply.  If dosage is 150 mg, even more (e.g. around 4,000 a month) ; if 37.5 mg, then less.

There is a locally made generic equivalent called Valosine SR which will be somewhat less if you can find it.

You should have seen  a difference by now if it were going to help, though. What dose are you on? The usual starting dose of 75mg sometimes is not enough and can be increased in increments of 75mg, not to exceed maximum 225 mg a day.  Are you in therapy? As better to do this in partnership with a therapist.

75mg is my dose

tried about five SSRIs/SNRIs in the past and they've never worked even after 6-8 weeks use

was put on this med for anxiety when I went to my home country for a couple of months. also on 100mg a day tramadol which i'm certain will effects, but at this point it sounds easier just to stop the SSRI and stay on tramadol (taken for fibromyalgia)