Solo trip from Thailand to Malaysia as a minor

Ayam

So I was thinking about doing a solo trip from Thailand to Malaysia on a bike, however I'm not sure if I can legally do so

I possess a 2 year Thai temporary license and intend on using a 500cc bike

Here are some questions I have:

1. Can I legally cross the border as a minor (under 18)?

2. Do I still need to show a translated plate on the rear if there isn't any space?

3. Can I use a temporary 2 year license in Malaysia on a 500cc?

4. Does Malaysia enforce the "110 CC restriction" on a 2 year license?

Just asking as I'd prefer to not get into any trouble in a foreign country

1. Yes

2. Don't know

3. You don't have a license to ride a bike over 110c, neither in Thailand nor in Malysia.

4. Probably depends on the cop, in the worst case they might confiscate your bike, good luck sorting it out with the language barrier.

AFAIK the motorbike also has to be registered in your name to be able to take it across the border.

18 minutes ago, FriendlyFarang said:

1. Yes

2. Don't know

3. You don't have a license to ride a bike over 110c, neither in Thailand nor in Malysia.

4. Probably depends on the cop, in the worst case they might confiscate your bike, good luck sorting it out with the language barrier.

AFAIK the motorbike also has to be registered in your name to be able to take it across the border.

Alright, thank you for your help

I do believe I can speak enough Malay to get around however my main concern is the 110 CC law as it's never enforced. I've been stopped on a 150, 300 and 500 with no problem in Thailand however I'm not too sure how the Malay authorities would handle the situation

Also regarding the rego, I'm sure I can get a letter stating that I have permission, should also be easier as it's in the same family name

13 hours ago, Ayam said:

Also regarding the rego, I'm sure I can get a letter stating that I have permission, should also be easier as it's in the same family name

Bike owner w/ greenbook needs to be present,

Change it to your name.

Edited by papa al

On 5/31/2022 at 8:42 AM, papa al said:

Bike owner w/ greenbook needs to be present,

Change it to your name.

When I purchased the bike I was told I had to be 18 to have it in my name regardless of if I had a license, is that not true?

29 minutes ago, Ayam said:

When I purchased the bike I was told I had to be 18 to have it in my name regardless of if I had a license, is that not true?

Having a license is not part of moto-ownership/green-book.

Who told you that, 18.?

Best double-√ w/ a good agent.

Good luck.

1 hour ago, papa al said:

Having a license is not part of moto-ownership/green-book.

Who told you that, 18.?

Best double-√ w/ a good agent.

Good luck.

I was told by a friend of mine, she went down to the land office and they said 18 and above, that's why I didn't initially rego the bike under my name. I'll definitely have a look at transferring name with an agent, thanks for your help