The choppy thai waters

vlad tepes

As a new comer to Thailand I have listened to many stories about Ferang / Thai relationships, which in most cases seem to end up like the Titanic, at first its as smooth as silk, then it get's a bit choppy and crash down she goes, with few survivours.  So how can this captain sail his good ship through the choppy Thai waters,  just looking at all the Ferang wrecks laying around the waters seem to be swamped with  Thai brown eyed shark's. How can I ever go fishing and hope not to end up being pulled in " hook line and sinker" . If I do reel in a catch with my under used tackel, will I be condemd to sail my love boat on the choppy Thai waters only to hear my new catch murmer in my ear those heart attack inducing words, BIG WINDY TAKE ROOF FROM MAMA HOUSE ,CAN GIVE ME 20,000 Bt TO STOP MAMA GET WET . In my premonition I hear this plea and see the theatrical tears well up in her beautiful brown eye's .I also know with no uncertainty that milli seconds befor I can come up with with a good plausible reason just why I cannot help stop mama from getting wet, my brown eyed shark will use her ace card and coo in my ear the well know call of the Thai brown eyed shark,... up 2u , up 2 u, . may be as a new comer to Thailand  ive got it all wrong, and it  will never happen to this old sea dog ... but again can all the bar room gossip be wrong, can the legions of letters to agony aunts all be fake. I am sad to say up to now ive yet to hear a Thai fairy story about a Ferang Prince who rescues a village maiden , and they live happly ever after ... ( unless some one out there know's different... ? )

Always remember every word you read on this subject is on personal experiences.     As a whole the human race has been bread to complain freely and easily, BUT when was the last time you had a good meal or watched a good movie and then taken time out to write a thankyou letter to the establishment?

The truth is 95% of the people who write to forums have had a bad experience and want to tell the world about it....!

Most happy and contented "Farang and Thai wifes..G/F" just get on with their lives and never add comments, they are too busy enjoying themselfs.

So never believe everything you read especially if you are British or American.

Sev

:cool:

I find your post here rather lame to begin with. I am asking where is the relevance to your statement that attacks the British and Americans?? Could it be we have another person, who post here using stereotypes and generalizations to make such outlandish statements??

I thought there was such an ideal as individuality. I also wonder as to why nationalities have to be mentioned on this board, as a mode to attack a individual or individuals.

Your posting here is rather weak in content and validity. It also lacks any facts or knowledge, as to who believes what they read.

Lastly, I am wondering as to why those who MONITOR and are ADMINISTRATORS of this board, ALLOW these type of statements of downgrading nationalities and personal attacks on people, to continue to be accepted here. I find that it may need to be looked at and who is doing a responsible job to keep this board something positive.

Can I have a response to this please??

Have a nice day!!

Lastly, I am wondering as to why those who MONITOR and are ADMINISTRATORS of this board, ALLOW these type of statements of downgrading nationalities and personal attacks on people, to continue to be accepted here. I find that it may need to be looked at and who is doing a responsible job to keep this board something positive.

Can I have a response to this please??

We believe in free speach, sort of.

Hey big man, Chai Yen. I dont think sevinow meant to attack Brits or Americans, it sounded more like a protective speach to me. I also think moderators are to keep out the smut rather than free speach, sort of. The other thing is the old sea dog was just mixing the pot, rather funny I thought ???

George, do you recall the following statement?? "Gentlemen, we are way off topic here. Open a new thread. This one is now closed." I am sure you will rationalize the statement above as well. Free speech?? Sort of?? By whose standards?? Could it be, that free speech is decided by someone not from America or England?? A person from France or Germany decide what free speech is. Sort of?? Yes?? No??

Now tell me how, "we believe in free speech, sort of." Oh, I guess that changes, as per the topic, or maybe what country the person who is posting comes from. It may even change on a daily basis, as to who deems it to change.

I believe this posting of mine, "is free speech, sort of."

The board administrators has the right to move or close topics that are off-topic, Frank. We do that on rare occations, like the case you was quoting. Like it or not, but you did accept the forum rules when you signed up here.

Vlad,

It's not all bad !!

It is hard work more than your boggo standard relationship but it kind of adds to the fun......

To get an idea of my experience and others take a look at the posts in Other Topics, Post :Marriage Dowry help needed, It has 4 pages of chit chat....

Also for Brian ----Touche old boy !!! :laugh:

Why are you all getting so upset about this subject, we all have our views. Sevinnow's post was not an attack, I think more of an indication. American & Brits tend to be soft, just look out for your fellow Farrang :laugh:

Bye the way Im a Brit & I have many American mates & French & German, even Aussies.

Sev - I am British - I found nothing to get upset about your posting. But were you knocking readers or British & American writers??

Frank - Please Don't be so Touchy!

I thought The Old Sea Dogs Titanic scenario very clever

Roger

Brian, I read in a newspaper, that ALL Australian men are either homosexual or practice beastiality. By the way Brian, do you prefer kangaroos or dingos??  

I feel that this posting of mine, is on your level Brian. At this time, I feel I should write just like you, so you can continue to feel that you are so intelligent. Do I think you are intelligent?? Someone did refer to you as a "lizard brain" on a past posting?? yes?? no?? good?? bad?? wrong?? right??

I am practicing my "Freedom of speech, sort of." Any objections?? Inappropriate for this thread??

George, without any "red herrings", please give me a definition of your statement here.

You stated that, "we believe in freedom of speech, sort of."    

Have a nice day!!

""You Americans (yes I'm generalising and stereotyping) can be so touchy... ""

Well yes, I guess that since we're the best and so many hang on our ankles, we're allowed. Just think, a simple twist of fate and we could have been born #2, 3, or........australian.

Perish the thought.

:o

Gentlemen, this is a Thailand related forum. We appreciate your postings, but we must keep on topic. This thread is way out of topic, and I am closing it now.

Please feel free to open a new thread with the actual topic in the subject line. Thanks!

An alternative would be to check out this topic, it might act as a thread to continue at:

New forum for touchy yanks

No pun intended!